Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Multi Mini Game Fight

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Multi Mini Game Fight
Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

OK, finally I have finished my first game, so I thought it'll be a good idea to release it to the public. It is a versus game featuring a combat-based main game and several non-combat-based mini games. Try it out.

By the way, it is an AllegroGL game.

{"name":"597427","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/0\/1074ea72cc9683c2be6785d6faa0eb1c.jpg","w":574,"h":432,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/0\/1074ea72cc9683c2be6785d6faa0eb1c"}597427
{"name":"597428","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/d\/edb534dfa70c1e1d1d6c32a9c2e2c00c.jpg","w":602,"h":453,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/d\/edb534dfa70c1e1d1d6c32a9c2e2c00c"}597428
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/597429
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/597430

Download here

=================================================

My First Game

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

I make no comment on the game, as my laptop isn't able to run the program. But I hate rapidshit, so I am offering an alternative http://www.timorg.net/as/mmgf.zip.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile
OMG my sides are hurting from laughing so hard... :D

Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

Huh, your laptop cant run it? You using linux? I develop this game on my laptop with the following spec:

Intel Centrino Pentium M 1.7GHz
512MB RAM
ATI Mobility X700 128MB RAM

so any computer with a better spec should be able to run it without any hitch. I've try to run it on my bro's pc and it seems fine too.

About the rapidshare thing, yeah I dont feel too comfortable with it neither but I have no other options at the moment.:P

My First Game

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

You had to ask that question. :D
To be exact I have a...

Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R)
III CPU - M 933MHz
529 MHz, 240 MB of RAM
Trident Video Accelerator CyberBlade XP Ai1 v6.4022-016L.22ICD

It can browse the web and basic stuff, running a few games, but OpenGL is pretty much out of the question, your lappy pretty much kills mine in every respect.

('Heroes of Might & Magic III', 'Ports of Call' and ZZT are the height of gaming. :P)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile
OMG my sides are hurting from laughing so hard... :D

Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

But my lappy breaks down halfway during the development of this game.:'( That leaves me no choice but to continue the development using my dad's older lappy. It is a P4 1.7GHz, 256MB RAM, and ATI 32MB video RAM lappy. It is a bit slow so I'm unsure what the actual speed will be like when run on others pc.

My First Game

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

Looks good! But I'm currently on a Mac so I can't play it right now.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Ok, it's flawed :P

First, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S GOOD AND HOLY, please let me skip the "logo" screen. It's annoying to have to watch it every time. Also, the fade in/out takes way too long.

The characters should move faster, since it's pretty much boring the way it is. Also, there's a bug you might want to fix:

{"name":"597431","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/1\/311ff518d411b7ba1198faf9fafbc15f.jpg","w":520,"h":309,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/1\/311ff518d411b7ba1198faf9fafbc15f"}597431

Shoot someone in the back and they'll slide towards you, instead of away from you. This really needs fixing.

Haven't actually played it extensively, or any of said minigames (wasn't even aware of them until I read the readme file, you might want to make them stand out more... then again, I only played a couple of minutes).

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

Quote:

The characters should move faster, since it's pretty much boring the way it is.

Huh? ??? What do you mean by that? I thought it is already fast enough? Maybe your pc runs it slower?

Quote:

Shoot someone in the back and they'll slide towards you, instead of away from you.

I know this since from the very begining. I deliberately leave it as it is since I want to make the escape attempt a bit harder. Is it really a big deal? ???

UPDATE: Ok, try run the character from the left edge of the screen to the right edge of the screen. It should take roughly around 4 secs to reach the rightmost of the screen, or a bit more. If it takes more than 5 secs to reach the corner then defintely yours isnt running it at the right speed. :P

My First Game

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Quote:

Huh? ??? What do u mean by that? I thought it is already fast enough? Maybe your pc runs it slower?

Considering I have 2.0GHz, 1024GB DDR2 and a MSI Ge-Force 8600GTS, I'd rather think it's an issue with the timers or the code :P That, or it's a matter of perspective :P

Quote:

I know this since from the very begining. I deliberately leave it as it is since I want to make the escape attempt a bit harder. Is it really a big deal? ???

It's very unrealistic. Typically, shooting someone in the back would still fling him away from you, it definitely shouldn't be relative to one's current facing.

---------
Signature.
----

Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

Ya, unrealistic as it seems to be, but which game is realistic(humans have super power etc)? :P Errr lets just say...I make it so to be different from others. When you realize you cant dodge the attack from behind then you need to face the opponent quickly in order to be flung away instead of being drag closer to them. The emphasis here is the skills. But I'll look into that anyway and might changes it if I get motivated.8-)

My First Game

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Maybe make it so that an attack from behind paralyzes or knocks the character out for a couple of seconds?

---------
Signature.
----

Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

Quote:

Maybe make it so that an attack from behind paralyzes or knocks the character out for a couple of seconds?

Hmmm...let me think. I guess the "paralyze" isnt a good idea from the design POV since if the character is immobilzed for a while he/she will be attacked rapidly by the opponent except if the invinsibility mode is on for a while like the jumping one does. At least dynamic movement might be able to free the character from the continuos attack. Try cornered the opponent and hold down the attack button and you'll know what I mean. The opponent wouldnt be able to move except if he/she hold down the jump button to escape the continuos attack.

My First Game

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

A gunshot flinging anyone at all would be unrealistic, whether towards or away from the attacker.

amber
Member #6,783
January 2006

If you want an attack that drags the enemy toward you, you could always use some kind of hook/harpoon based move. :)

"GET OVER HERE!" ;D

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Well, yeah, but it's not a gunshot :P I guess we could safely assume that a giant ball of energy would have some kickback :P

---------
Signature.
----

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

It would have to provide a greater kickback force to the attacker than to the attackee if it were realistic.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Well, quasi-realistic is still better than "GET OVER HERE!" with a fireball IMO ;D

---------
Signature.
----

Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

Quote:

...is still better than "GET OVER HERE!" with a fireball IMO ;D

Well I actually laugh when I saw this statement. ;D As seeing this is my first game the code is actually messy and unefficiently long, so making modification or addition to it somehow need me to crack my head. :P Most likely I wouldn't make any changes to it. Instead, I might brush up my programming skill first before I proceed to develop the next game(maybe RPG game).8-)

My First Game

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

What do u mean by that?

Quote:

When u realize u cant dodge the attack from behind then u need to face the opponent quickly in order to be flung away instead of being drag closer to them.

The word is you. This isn't a chat goddammit!

Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

Quote:

The word is you. This isn't a chat goddammit!

Fixed. :P

My First Game

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Them teleporters are hard to use. I really hate how you use it and it seems like nothing happened (but you just teleported to the porter you just used)

Also, that mini game with the making of the flowers, seems impossible to get to the top.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

Quote:

Also, that mini game with the making of the flowers, seems impossible to get to the top.

Really? ??? I dont have much problem reaching the top. Just that you need to react fast. Also, here's a hint: after you shot a lotus seed, the next lotus seed will appear based on your position, not based from the previous lotus seed you shot. So it is advisable to get as near as possible to the lotus seed before you shot it. :)

My First Game

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

the graphics of the characters are beautiful.

did you do a course or something ?

Allegro Suck
Member #9,230
November 2007

No. I'm just an average joe. This is my second attempt on digital colouring. The difference is still like day and night if compare to real artist's work. :(

My First Game

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

Your graphic skills are what lured all us unsuspecting clients into trying your game: very professional :-/
I believe player 1's and 2's controls are different: weirdious.
BTW Desktop AMD Athlon 900MHz + Geforce 440MX-SE (64MB?) with 512MB RAM on win XP runs fine.

The readme said:

There is a memory leaking issue bugging this game, so it is advisable to exit and restart the game after each round of match.
The game can be continue from the character select screen but the OS might eventually run low on virtual memory.

WELL WTF U SOB Tell that before, please!

Quote:

As seeing this is my first game the code is actually messy and unefficiently long, so making modification or addition to it somehow need me to crack my head.

Don't fall to the dark-side. Especially with your first game. I got to hand it to you, you must be persistent to make all the super-attacks and items as "hacks". I don't know whether a RPG would be game #2. But don't stop dreaming. I did :'(

1   2 

Go to: