Depot Games: Xelda
#12 during August 2007
Links: Web Site
Number of Players:
Xelda - Adventure of Pink is My TINS '05 Entry. It's a parody of Zelda, with Zelda II style gameplay.
Development of Xelda continues, I plan to make an improved version with more gameplay and more levels. This version can be considered a Demo for the upcoming Xelda adventure.
*Created a windows installer
*Key bindings are now configurable in the settings menu
Minor bug fixes:
* re-initialization of leves when you die or restart
* re-initialization of cutscenes when you restart
* removed bug where progress to the next level pauses while you are touching the end-of-level object.
Overall Rating: 6.5
- If I must say so, I didn't like this game... A bit too standard and overly repetative.
- This is really good for a weekend worth of programming. Excellent control, timing, and graphics. I'm really impressed with this title. Granted it's not the best game ever, but keep in mind that this is a speed hack and enjoy it for its simplicity and humor. Great job Amarillion!
- The music is great, but otherwise this game has little to offer. Graphics are primitive, albeit a bit funny. Gameplay isn't much fun and made less so by poor level design. The game is also very short. Judged as a competition entry, it's pretty good, but as a finished game, it's not worth your time.
I started programming on a ZX Spectrum+ when I was 9 years old or so. Via gwbasic and turbo pascal I ended up with C++ and allegro. I work in Bioinformatics research, and am Currently living in Eindhoven, The Netherlands (View Profile