Depot Games: Tetris Unlimited
#1 during October 2010
Links: Web Site
Developers: Oscar Giner
Number of Players:
4 (Split Screen)
This is another Tetris clone, but it will have a lot of improvements like multiplayer games (up to 4 players at once) players statistics and can be configured in some ways: music, backgrounds and multi language support (now is in spanish, english, polish and catalonian). This playable version includes the normal mode (up to 4 players), cooperative and competitive modes (both for 2 to 4 players). Keyboard and joystick are supported.
A lot of game options: table size, initial and maximum level, kamikaze mode, send pieces and sending rules (multiplayer versus modes only), scoring configuration, victory condition, time limit, and others. All these options apply to all game modes.
Extra features currently are: pieze editor (you can even use your own graphics), music player screen (capable of displaying an spectrum analyzer for all formats but midi, and dot note graphic for midi music), player profiles/statistics, custom in play backgrounds.
I you have any question, request, problem you can email me at email@example.com
-- 25 Octover 2003 --
New features are:
- Rafal Szyja added Polish translation.
- Edgar Juanpere updated Catalan translation.
- English and Spanish translations updated.
- Added some game mode options: table size, initial and max level, send bad lines,
kamikaze, counteract received lines, time limit, sending intervals, victory
condition, and some others.
- Added support for 4 players in normal mode
- Added support for 3 and 4 players in co-operative and competitive modes
- Added 2 vs 2 variant in co-operative mode
- Added jpg image support for backgrounds
- Nicer configuration program
- Added support for higher resolutions
- Completely new GUI
- Particle engine rendering quality improved
- Some performance issues (mainly because of a bug in the particle engine) have
- Now joystick/pad is really supported
- Added some nice animations when you break lines
- A LOT of code cleanup (but there's still a lot to do)
-- 5 June 2002 --
New features are:
- Multiplayer normal mode (2 and 3 players)
- Cooperative and competitive modes (2 players)
- Added support for mp3, mod, xm, it, s3m, wav and ogg audio files
- New utility, named mgrabber, for grabbing music files into a
'customized' datafile format which the game uses.
- Loading time decreased, because music is not loaded at startup.
- Spectrum analyzer when playing files other than midi.
- Full English translation.
- Line break effect.
- New scoring rules.
- Some bug fixes.
Now this is a playable version. It only have one player normal mode, througth. The player scores are recorded in the player statistics (there isn't a global hi-scores table yet)
You can put your own background images and make (and use) your own blocks!
Overall Rating: 8.9
- Tetris clone? Look no further, this one has everything. Responsive control and clean sound. You get a nice soft click instead of an annoying 'clack' I expect from other tetris clones. Great music selection, too. The only down side (?) is too many menus and options. Just take me to the game!
- Well done!Graphics(80%),sounds(85%),fun(85%) and many supproted languages.
I just didn't like that some options weren't avaibale right now and that the game doesn't save your highscores.
- Amazingly configurable. Great audio and visuals. Too bad it seems to have been abandoned without first implementing the crucial highscores feature.