Depot Games: Rock 'n' Spin
Project Status: Completed
Highest Popularity: #23 during January 2006
Links: Web Site
Developers: Bruce Perry
Source Code: Not Available
Author's Description: Rock 'n' Spin is a game in the same style as Repton 3 or Boulderdash. You guide an Emu around in a tile-based map, collecting all the diamonds and avoiding falling rocks and rampant spinners.
The editor has now been released! Click the link above to download it!
- Animated rendered graphics (mostly)
- 8 different graphical themes
- 30 levels - 3 in each theme, plus 6 multicoloured
- Nice sound effects
- 11 pieces of music, all of them cheesy!
- When you die, the game will replay your moves until you take over - so you don't have to do the entire level again
- Table of who completed each level fastest, plus a replay of how it was done
- Demonstrative instructions (not just pages of text)
- 2 resolutions - 320x240 and 640x480
Oh, and another thing - the game is now FREE :-) Hmm... well it has been for a while. Yep. It's also provided in a single pre-registered installation program now, instead of the five separate files and registration instructions formerly available.
Overall Rating: 8.5
A game developer at heart, I have been writing games with Allegro since 1999, and I have unfinished projects aplenty to show for it. I care very much about the quality of my games and what people think of them, so please do leave opinions on this site or send comments to me. I graduated from Cambridge University UK in Computer Science in June 2004. I did Geology in my first year there, which was fun. I took French A-level at school, and as of summer 2003 I am learning Japanese by self-study (while trying not to forget my French). I used to study art, and I still try my hand at it from time to time. I play the piano and compose music. As of August 2004 I am working as a Mini-Games Developer for a very nice company in Cambridge. (View Profile)