Depot Games: Rafkill
Links: Web Site
2d vertical scroller. Clone of Raptor:Call of the Shadows and Tyrian.
* Maxing out shields costs the right amount( thanks egal from irc )
* Can save/load key bindings
* Name change for real
* Changed title screen background
* Removed auto-cheat where player gains 100000 money when joining menu
* Made collision detection fit to entire playing field
* Added fade out at end of level( very cpu intensive! )
* Fixed some memory leaks/segfaults
* Music plays in seperate thread
* Changed default font
* Some internal plumbing revamped
OOP code revamped
Fixed a few memory leaks
Lets the compiler allocate more objects instead of dynamically
Save/Load functionality added
A few sounds added/changed
Ships cast shadows
5 Difficulty Settings
14 new levels.
3 hulls to choose from.
10 totally different weapons of mass destruction.
Two full levels.
Game basically playable now.
Buy menu added.
One full level.
Level editor added( please use! )
Minor Bug Fixes
Some sound added.
Random levels generated.
Fade in and out of level.
Source heavily restructured.
Overall Rating: 8.0
- Very nice effects, sound and music, and very good weapons and upgrades.
The graphics are good, except for the background that could use a little more variety.
I only miss a save game feature, to resume playing later.
- This game is well on its way to becoming one of the greats here in the depot. The only thing I see it needs now is better AI/Patterns for its enemies and more gfx to break up the repetition in the levels. Great work so far, keep it up! :-D
- A very playable but repetitive Tyrian-like vertical scrolling shoot-em-up. Even though the levels get harder, the levels sort of feel the same. There's plenty of upgrades to buy at the shop and try out.
Ive been there and done that. Now Im doing this. (View Profile