Depot Games: Dune Dynasty
Links: Web Site
Developers: David Wang
Number of Players:
Dune Dynasty is a continuation of the classic real-time strategy game Dune II by Westwood Studios. It is not a remake. It builds upon the original game engine as reverse-engineered by the OpenDUNE project.
- Add skirmish mode.
- Add support for Dune 2 eXtended.
- Add jukebox.
- Add fog of war.
- Add support for MP3 music.
- Add pixel aspect ratio corrections.
- Improve production sidebar for small resolutions.
- Custom campaigns.
- Play as Fremen, Sardaukar, and Mercenaries.
- Various control improvements, such as map panning.
- Add experimental Direct3D driver.
- Add starting from mid-way through a campaign.
- Mouse wheel zooms viewport.
- Add support for Sega Mega Drive music.
- Implement screen shakes.
- Lots of bug fixes and other improvements.
- Scalable viewport and interface.
- Smooth scrolling.
- Smooth flyer rotation.
- Structure and unit health bars.