Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Allegro 5.2.8

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Allegro 5.2.8
Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Are there any future plans for the new audio devices? For example, activating/deactivating devices (or enabling/composing multiple devices to play as a single "virtual" audio device)?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I've done some tests and there's something wrong with the thread code, specifically with the MUTEX (stack overflow and Access violation). I suspect it is similar to the bug in the Allegro4 3D textured polygon renderer, that worked on C but failed in Pascal due to use the wrong data type. Not too serious as Pascal's threads work and seems compatible with Allegro but you should take a look (ask me if you need more information).

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Niunio said:

I've done some tests and there's something wrong with the thread code, specifically with the MUTEX (stack overflow and Access violation). I suspect it is similar to the bug in the Allegro4 3D textured polygon renderer, that worked on C but failed in Pascal due to use the wrong data type. Not too serious as Pascal's threads work and seems compatible with Allegro but you should take a look (ask me if you need more information).

Which platform are you running on Niunio? Try to be more specific, and reproduce it simply if possible.

There was a deadlock in the logging code, but that has been fixed.

Check for unmatched lock/unlock pairs, dangling pointers, etc....

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

Which platform are you running on Niunio? Try to be more specific, and reproduce it simply if possible.

I'm on Xubuntu 20.04.4. I would try to build the minimal example, but I have this at the moment. It is a bit simpler than the original ex_threads2 example.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I'll build 64 bit binaries here before TINS starts, sometime tonight I'll upload them. 32 bit will have to wait a few days for XP support.

Do you just want the newest gcc Niunio? Or do you care which version of gcc I use?

EDIT
Got delayed with TINS and all. A few more days.

EDIT2
SiegeLord, Niunio - here is the old crash in ex_threads using D3D :

https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/616214/1021958#target

I came up with possible fixes, but never got around to a PR.

EDIT3
Feature creep has got me. Sorry for the delays. Bump.

1   2 

Go to: