Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Ukraine... ?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Ukraine... ?
type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

I'm kinda surprised there still isn't a thread on the topic. I live here, it has dramatically touched my standard of living, though everyone's health is good. And I'm very saddened with the way info is given in the west.

I wonder how do you view the conflict? And then I'd share my thoughts. :)

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Well, well. In short, I already think war is a bad thing. It's smelling shit and money. And Poutine is a fucking dumbass. He did not even listened to the Russian people living in Ukraine. And killing of innocent people is always painful to see .
What else, well, EU, USA and all others are playing all along the red line. They do want to embarrass Russia, but they do not want an open war. No yet. And Putin, that dumbass, is using the nuclear treat to protect himself when doing unjustified (or worse, lie justified) invasions and mass killings.
That shit is real, and not even far from France. They even took down (Russia) one of our journalists.
I feel sorry for the Russian people, sorry for the Ukrainian people. In all cases, it's a matter of a crazy guys wanting to attack another (maybe less) crazy one.
Should we put them all in a boxing ring / octagon instead of letting them send armies to destroy each others ? I wonder.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Everyone already agrees its terrible and there's like 5 posters left here.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Nothing we can realistically do other than vent.

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

It’s terribly sad.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Invading a democratic and free country because the elected government takes a dicision you do not like is beyond all reason.
And terror bombings on civilian centres are a hideous warcrime !

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Putin just wants the cold war era back. With a capitalist Soviet. He may argue that it was Nato's fault, after last expanding. Thanks to Putin, next expanding will happen with Finland and Sweden.
Putin's way of thinking is same as Molotoff-Ribbentropf, or the allied dividing Europe after WW2. It goes like "What can we big and powerful do with these small countries?" But the Nato expansion and the West way of thinking (goes for EU, too) is "What can we small countries do together?"
Even though USA is (still) a main part of Nato, it is very far from Europe. We Europeans live in independent countries and form strong bonds. One bond is Nato, another is EU, a third is a cultural history, one is pure geografy.

The stupidest thing with Putin's war is that Russia is a part of Europe. Russia can't be a member of Nato, nor a member of EU. But Russia is a member of EBU, Russia participates in UEFA European Football Championship etc.

I get the feeling that Putin hates being a part of international communities. It is during Putin's era that Russia has totally fucked up its international relations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

war is unfortunate however i stand with mother Russia

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Piccolo has some explaining to do. In fact, any supporter of Russia's actions, please, write your thoughts! Are there any other thoughts than the idea that the world must simply be ruled by giant countries, no matter how terrible dictators are ruling them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

long explanation short ,there are things going on in this world that most of the population are blind too because they don't think logically and any attempt at logical thought is swept away by their emotions when their string are plucked.

i am able of see those things logical and Russia is opposing those misguided things

i am able to see because my ability to critically think under pressure is at very high level emotions can not affect my logical thinking easily

wow

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

piccolo, can you give use an idea of what you are talking about?

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

i will hint that there has been a chest game of world dominance going on but it is there for all to see.

however if you want to be able to see you have to strengthen your masculine logical mind so that your feminine emotional mind can not over power it so easily in panic

study so that you auto think and process using Truth Tables and you will not be fooled by anything. because Truth has to make logical sense or common sense some call it

if it don't make sense then your missing information or you logical understanding is not correct and your logic needs to be re worked or refined

Logic 101 (#12): Truth Table Practice

wow

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

piccolo's link doesn't work for me, but THIS appears to be what he was linking to.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I wonder if piccolo drank the same thing as bam?

Or Piccolo is really some sort of AI at this point

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I mean really Piccolo, not everything can be reduced to masculine/feminine yin yang black and white binary thinking. I'd like to see one of these so-called truth tables of yours that you use to make your decisions based upon. 101 SRSLY

:-X

EDIT
P.S. piccolo is an AI programmed by the Namekian Piccolo.
{"name":"a253b78e2b5cd0efc8c69fce7e90fc4a25f56ba6_hq.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/0\/c0b27fa0ebab24cc312ce7e0f97029a9.jpg","w":1024,"h":576,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/0\/c0b27fa0ebab24cc312ce7e0f97029a9"}a253b78e2b5cd0efc8c69fce7e90fc4a25f56ba6_hq.jpg

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

The implications for the rest of Europe are terrifying. I think Putin was/is taking advantage of the covid related vulnerability of the world to do something massively appalling. I hope the Ukraine holds its ground.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

open statement with no supporting arguments

not everything can be reduced to masculine/feminine yin yang black and white binary thinking

supplied variable context definitions

binary thinking == masculine/feminine == yin yang == black and white

wow

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

piccolo is proof aliens from other dimensions exist. You make my wildest comments sound normal.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

i wanted to give an example using his words but thinking about it, he should just take the 5 min videos course to lesson 12 because one of the lessons before 12 shows you how to break down a sentence too populated truth tables.

use truth tables to evaluate your thoughts to make sure you are thinking using correct logic that is how your logical mind grower stronger

wow

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

piccolo said:

use truth tables to evaluate your thoughts to make sure you are thinking using correct logic that is how your logical mind grower stronger

You can be logical and still be completely wrong.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

that just means your logical statement and self assessment of your own logic will allow you to see that yourself

reduced logic that is correct is all ways correct a+b = c
c= a+b

wow

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

piccolo said:

that just means your logical statement and self assessment of your own logic will allow you to see that yourself

Not always. If you start with an incorrect assertion that you believe to be correct, you will be wrong, even if all the logic following the assertion holds. And if you do not know that the assertion was incorrect, then your self assessment will also be wrong.

Some statements are also neither true or false inherently, such as "you are uglier than me" or "chocolate tastes better than strawberry."

1   2   3 

Go to: