This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
New Year Resolutions
Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Isn't this a mandatory thread? Anyway, here's mine:

D♭/F -> G7 -> C

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

Here's mine, though I am also resolving to shave my head every other day because I'd like to be more binary about my baldness.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I think I'm going to try finishing my game. If we are focusing on music however, I will try to learn more Gaelic folk songs on flute.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

More drawing for me.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Mine is simple, try and learn how to live single again. Not an easy task for me. :'(

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

4K + 1080p

Also, lose the COVID-20 lbs. Gonna join a gym and cut out soda. The lbs will drop off for sure.

I was waiting for my health to improve, but ten years in, that still hasn't happened.

Here's my background:

/vhost/allegro.cc/web/www/htdocs/include/../images/rcache/6/8/684d7a5271c5b9ae1f53b1e163bee415.jpg

[edit]... sigh... oh matthew...

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Only a few simple goals:

-keep being a better daddy
-have a lot of family time
-continue playing music
-get back to French kick-boxing (Savate) if the virus is finally calming down
-some fun coding of course :-)

Regarding the body, I'm loving me as I am, and I am healthy so it's ok.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I'm happy for you!

My wife and I are planning on having kids soon'ish. We kept putting it off because of my health problems but again, they're not going away.

I don't even understand how this site can keep getting worse. Like, it's software. Unless it's expiring certifications or running out of space what the hell can break on it.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

It's one of the best parts of having kids, it's making them ;-p

Chris my boy, cheer up ! I'll be cheering from here :-)

I wish you to enjoy the experience as much as happy parents are enjoying it !

Now go buddy ! Go !

;-)

Edit: and of course, I am as well happy for you, you all :-)

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I've had the same failed resolution two years in a row

Maybe third time is the charm? So let's repeat it: I'm going to showcase a game at a game conference.

And while we're being optimistic, here are a few more goals:

• I'm going to release an android game on the google play store

• I'm going to get over 1000 downloads to Food Chain Farm

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I'm going to message you every month and if you fail, I'm going to hate crime you.

-----sig:

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I want to make my Visual Novel, my games, even if I have to draw the pictures with my own blood!!! 😡

But they sabotaged me too my blood, so I can't even draw... 😭

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

-get back to French kick-boxing (Savate) if the virus is finally calming down

Don't practice on your kids. That would contradict your first resolution.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Oh, I'd like a few things to happen,

1) Get down to 240 (220) (200) lbs

2) Fix my sleep apnea without using a CPAP machine sucking on my face all night

3) Finish some more demos, examples, etc

4) Keep releasing new versions of Eagle and Allegro

5) FINISH some of my old programs and go back to them until they are released again

6) See if Blizzard will release code for 3rd ED D&D and Neverwinter Nights

7) Decide between an XBone, a PS5, or nintendo and what game I would want to play first

8) Pester Matthew long enough to get him to relase allegro.cc web 3.0 interface already..... >.>

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

RmBeer2 said:

I want to make my Visual Novel, my games, even if I have to draw the pictures with my own blood!!! 😡

Interesting. I've been interested in Visual Novels myself. Mainly using the Ren'PY engine. Been messing around with Daz3D for creating scenes. I just suck at creating a good story. I have a new appreciation for writers.

This is a test render I done with Daz3D for sh!ts and giggles. Nice software.

{"name":"613098","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/d\/9d72148524f716d865bd9a02180450a8.jpg","w":1920,"h":1080,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/d\/9d72148524f716d865bd9a02180450a8"}613098

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I'm going to message you every month and if you fail, I'm going to hate crime you.

Well, what better incentive could I wish for?

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

8) Pester Matthew long enough to get him to relase allegro.cc web 3.0 interface already..... >.>

I particularly like number 8 8-)

Go to: