Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Game Design & Concepts » Advance with my dialog box.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Advance with my dialog box.
RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

https://0x0.st/-3vi.mkv

This's my dialog box, a simple print to start with my Visual Novel. It doesn't have anything complicated which would take me much more work and time than I do not want to have. So it lacks delays in some characters, coloration in parts, and some special effects such as swings or bleed in words or individual characters. I wish, but I'm satisfied with this.

For the typeface I have extracted several letters from the Ishar trilogy game. I have cleaned and ordered them, then I had to fill in all the missing letters, and all the missing characters, because the original font was very incomplete, it didn't even have more than 1 letter with an accent, and the eΓ±es didn't exist. So only some letters belong to Ishar, the rest is mine.

The dialog box was extracted from a lost image on reddit that only appears in the image search engine of ddg. Then I had to reprocess everything, like cleaning the image, resizing it to the right size for the screen, and then giving it transparency.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Thumbs up from me. (I mean I think it's great).

Rodolfo Lam
Member #16,045
August 2015

Hey that looks super nice!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Well done!

The text clips into the left of the box.

-----sig:
β€œPrograms should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Go to: