Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » TINS 2021 is coming - site improvements

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
TINS 2021 is coming - site improvements
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Have you signed up yet for TINS 2021? It will be the most awesome event of the year for the Allegro community! You really mustn't miss it...

In the past months I've done a major overhaul of the site, with the goal to make it more advanced and intuitive. Here are some changes.

• FAQ and about pages updated - they no longer reference ancient shit like a whole discussion on whether it's necessary to include source code of allegro add-ons.

• A landing page for each event

• More pretty icons!

• Log system has been updated, you can now use formatting tags, and you can embed Youtube videos. Size cap on screenshots increased to 1Mb

• Cleaned up the navigation bar, removed 100s of irrelevant historical links.

• Each entry gets its own editable page, like for example this one

• Or you can see a list of all historic entries

• Site is responsive and mobile-friendly.

What do you think? I think after all these changes I'm starting to miss the big picture, so I'm looking for some feedback from some fresh eyes. I'm still making all kinds of changes, so right now is the time to get your wishes implemented!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Good job for the updates !

I'll take a tour in the evening and make a report :-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I like it! I tested it on desktop and my phone, and saw no issues!

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I found a broken link!

https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu20/log/4220

I arrived at it by clicking the 'log' button:

https://tins.amarillion.org/entry/224

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Indeed, a simple typo, thanks for letting me know. That link should point to https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu20/log/entrant/4220

It should be fixed now! 8-)

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I like the changes made to TINS! \o/

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

On https://tins.amarillion.org/history some are missing like speedhack 2015!

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

You might been wondering, what can you win? So far I've been pretty vague about this... It's time for a reveal.

Four winners (one for each category) will receive the following prizes. First of all, you can win.... one of these unique custom designed T-shirts (your choice):

{"name":"613010","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c5f77e6674556dfbeb3a8085fd0287b5.png","w":1062,"h":367,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c5f77e6674556dfbeb3a8085fd0287b5"}613010
Detail view of the one on the left:
{"name":"613011","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/8\/58ab0eb776ff83c8deecbc13869e345a.png","w":875,"h":833,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/8\/58ab0eb776ff83c8deecbc13869e345a"}613011

But that is not all!

In addition to a T-shirt, winners will also receive:

• A license for the famous Aseprite pixel art tool, kindly sponsored by Aseprite

• $20 credit for the steam store, to spend on indie games

Yes that's right, if you win you will get, not one, but three prizes!

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Nice! Which company is making those t-shirts?

And thanks for adding the additional speedhack links to the list :) I found twoone more early allegro.cc competitions not mentioned (from https://liballeg.org/links.html):

The Allegro SizeHack 2000
The Allegro SizeHack3D 2001

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Well, bambams and I may be on a team. Don't know yet. Anybody else want to team up?

@jmasterx
Wanna make sound and music for the game?

@EricJohnson
You in the compo this year? What about the sucessor to MoMo, YoYo or something. Can we use it?

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Elias said:

Nice! Which company is making those t-shirts?

I'm making a shop with teespring.com. I figure they can send a shirt directly to the winners, so I don't have to deal with international shipping. I plan to open up the shop for everyone so you can buy yours if you don't win - and support future prizes - but it's all still a work in progress.

Quote:

And thanks for adding the additional speedhack links to the list

I added allegro sizehack 2000. And I also managed to add a few archive.org links for the older competitions. To be honest, I'm not sure if it's important to have an exhaustive list, but I've updated it anyway.

Well, bambams and I may be on a team.

Nice! I'm curious to see what you'll come up with.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Would it make sense to announce somewhere on reddit? I'm not a big redditor myself but I could give it a try. Any suggestions?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

If I check the referring sites in the TINS server logs, I see

• 197 visits from allegro.cc

• 42 visits from twitter

• 11 visits from gamejam.com

• 18 visits from the intranet at my day job

• 2 visits from itch.io

And absolutely nothing from gamedev.net. I've done my best to get the word out, but it doesn't really move the needle.

I could really use some help here. Likes, retweets, posts, announcements...

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Thanks! The TINS site actually got a lot of traffic today, and 2 new sign ups. So it helps :)

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Advertising done on my side. I may make a bit more later.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Unfortunately I've had to withdraw my entry. I haven't seen the family since 2019 (not fishing for sympathy!) and that weekend in August has become the perfect time for me to make the trip to see them.

Good luck to everyone, look forward to seeing your entries.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

amarillion - I can login to the TINS site, but whenever I visit a different page I get the "Welcome new user please login or register" message.

I can't reproduce it here. Does anybody else see this? Can you record a video maybe?

edit: is it possible that you have cookies disabled for this site?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I'm using SeaMonkey 2.53

:-/ I should have known.

It should be fixed now. It's a browser defaults thing. I was using the default value for the fetch credentials option; most browsers have it as 'same-origin' but seamonkey had it as 'omit'.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion - how does that 2 weeks reusable source thing work?

I tried really hard to make the 2 week deadline to release a new version of Eagle, but it's all been up on Git the whole time and all I've been doing is working on fixing bugs.

Do you have a ruling on it?

1   2 

Go to: