Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Mingw do not find Allegro lib

Credits go to bamccaig and Peter Hull for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Mingw do not find Allegro lib
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Nuxation
Member #17,744
May 2020

Ok I will follow both of your advice, I will keep like this until I finish the "Allegro-Vivace guide" then I will re-install MinGW and use allegro in the lib folder.

PS: I use Windows and Linux, they both sucks !

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

bamccaig said:

Linux only sucks when it's installed in a vacuum cleaner.

https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/xiaomi-mi-robot-hacked/20632/

Quote:

Examining the firmware, Giese and Wegemer learned a couple of interesting things about Xiaomi smart devices. First, the Mi Robot firmware is basically Ubuntu Linux, which is regularly and quickly patched. Second, it uses a different superuser password for each device; there’s no master password that could be used to mass-hack a whole lot of vacuum cleaners at once. And third, the system runs a firewall that blocks all ports that could be used by hackers. Again, hats off to Xiaomi: By IoT standards, this is surprisingly good protection.

The researchers also learned something disappointing about Mi Robot, however. The device collects and uploads to Xiaomi cloud a lot of data — several megabytes per day. Along with reasonable things such as device operation telemetry, this data includes the names and passwords of the Wi-Fi networks the device connects to, and the maps of rooms it makes with its built-in lidar sensor. Even more disturbing, this data stays in the system forever, even after a factory reset. So if someone buys a used Xiaomi vacuum cleaner on eBay and roots it, they can easily obtain all of that information.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

1   2 

Go to: