Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » How to fix loading videos from zip that is in a path?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
How to fix loading videos from zip that is in a path?
tinyBigGAMES
Member #17,458
February 2020

This still does not seem to be working. If the videos are located in the root of the archive, they will load and play just fine. However if they are located in a path such as this: "videos/myvideo.ogv", it will fail to load. I have all the resources organized in folders inside the archive. All other resources seem to not suffer from this problem. How/where can this be fixed?

Jarrod Davis
Owner/Lead Developer
tinyBigGAMES LLC

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

tinyBigGAMES
Member #17,458
February 2020

#SelectExpand
1procedure test03; 2var 3 display: PALLEGRO_DISPLAY; 4 video: PALLEGRO_VIDEO; 5begin 6 al_init; 7 al_init_video_addon; 8 9 PHYSFS_init(nil); 10 PHYSFS_mount('archive.zip', '', 1); 11 12 display := al_create_display(480, 600); 13 al_set_window_title(display, 'video test'); 14 al_clear_to_color(al_map_rgba(32,32,32,255)); 15 16 al_set_physfs_file_interface; 17 18 // if video is in root of archive, works 19 video := al_open_video('presents.ogv'); 20 21 // if video is off a path, fails 22 video := al_open_video('arc/videos/presents.ogv'); 23 24 al_close_video(video); 25 al_destroy_display(display); 26 27 PHYSFS_deinit; 28 29end;

Jarrod Davis
Owner/Lead Developer
tinyBigGAMES LLC

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

tinyBigGAMES
Member #17,458
February 2020

The latest build of Allegro, 5.2.6.0. What ever versions that are inside that DLL. I'm using Delphi. For the record, this did not work with the prev version of Allegro either.

I'm using the monolith dll from:

allegro-i686-w64-mingw32-gcc-9.2.0-posix-dwarf-static-5.2.6.0.zip

Jarrod Davis
Owner/Lead Developer
tinyBigGAMES LLC

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I tried it on Linux, and it seemed to work okay. I did:

PHYSFS_init(argv[0]);
PHYSFS_mount("/home/siege/src/A5/video_zip.zip", NULL, 1);
al_set_physfs_file_interface();
al_open_video("video/test.ogv");

I'll try the Windows binaries tomorrow, maybe the packages are broken somehow.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

tinyBigGAMES
Member #17,458
February 2020

could it be this line in ogv.c:
filename = al_path_cstr(video->filename, ALLEGRO_NATIVE_PATH_SEP);

looking around the src, I see this:
helper = al_path_cstr(path, '/');

Then I found this:
https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/617884

Could all it be is need to remove ALLEGRO_NATIVE_PATH_SEP?

I don't currently have things setup to build allegro to test this. Last time I tried, phew, it was a task.

UPDATE:
I can confirm that ALLEGRO_NATIVE_PATH_SEP + PHYSFS on Windows is an issue. I changed it to '/' and it works as expected now. (Spent about 3 hrs trying to get Allegro to compile on Windows, sigh)

Jarrod Davis
Owner/Lead Developer
tinyBigGAMES LLC

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Nice, that's exactly the issue, thanks for investigating. Sorry for your troubles compiling!

I could reproduce this on Windows, but we'll do a different fix since this is a wider problem: https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5/pull/1118

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

tinyBigGAMES
Member #17,458
February 2020

NICE! Thanks for the fix. I've pulled it down, recompiled and can confirm all works as expected. Thanks again, to all that helped with this.

Jarrod Davis
Owner/Lead Developer
tinyBigGAMES LLC

Go to: