Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » Playing video (ex_video.c) in Allegro 5.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Playing video (ex_video.c) in Allegro 5.
nshade
Member #4,372
February 2004

I'm trying to compile/run the example file for video playback and it's not working. al_open_video() is returning a NULL pointer. The file is a valid, playable ogg file, and I know it's in the right folder. The function will not open the video at all. Opening with al_fopen() works fine, so it's not a filesystem issue. Is there limitations to the ogg file I have to know about? I attached what VLC reports about my file.

I'm using VS2015 with the NuGet package.
I'm using the ex_video.c file from git.
All the relevant add-ons are active.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Could you check out the logs? You can enable them by calling al_set_config_value(al_get_system_config(), "trace", "level", "debug") before calling al_init. It'll place the logs in the current working directory.

The codec seems fine, btw.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

nshade
Member #4,372
February 2004

Logs have nothing
I attached logs and the(Slightly modified) code.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

nshade
Member #4,372
February 2004

That was it... Now it's working.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Nice. Added a logging statement to the video addon, so next the the logs will identify this issue: https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5/commit/59bc38a977fabe24723f530295976012aa3e07f5

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: