Member #14,841
January 2013

He probably uses Mercurial... *shudders* :'(

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I probably uses e-mails with zips.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Mercurial is a pretty good system. It has some fucked ideas, and since they had backwards ideas from the start it has several parallel solutions to problems, none of which works perfectly. So it takes some getting used to. Whereas Git solved most of those problems better from day one. But Mercurial is still a great system. The most interesting feature which I don't think is coming to Git anytime soon is called "evolution". Basically, when you rewrite history with "evolve" enabled, Mercurial actually tracks the history edits, and when you fetch history from upstream that marks your history as "obsolete" (i.e., edited) Mercurial knows that it needs to rewrite all of your history based on it. It's not a perfect system yet, but it does work quite well, and it shows a lot of promise. In the Git world, the only solution to that is "don't edit shared history" or "communicate and make every member of the team repeat your edits manually". So Mercurial isn't without its contributions to source control technology.

All that said, Allegro.cc is probably tracked with CVS. :-[

I probably uses e-mails with zips.

Far inferior to tarballs and emails and patches. >:(

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

As long as you use decent source control, who cares!

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

All of my code is packed into Snapchat with an encryption key based on the exact datetime, and speed of the CPU, and set to expire within 7 days. 8-)

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Tsk tsk tsk, we seem to not be able to keep two threads alive. Hopefully, nothing comes up that causes us to want to keep three threads alive.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Honestly, there's no good reason to keep this thread alive IMO. The other thread is more important so this should take a backseat. It's certainly foolish to divide our resources among threads. >:(

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I demand we keep all threads alive from now on. They're like a genetic life form that spawns cells (threads) and some survive, or not, before being able to "split" into new threads.

-----sig:

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I always pronounced it yah-ves.

Clearly, this is far worse than the tabs vs spaces problem and we need to get into an intense flame war over the superior pronunciation.

I suggest we work together though.

So I'm currently in the lead. Because I suggested teamwork over my best interests.

-----sig:

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Clearly, this is far worse than the tabs vs spaces problem and we need to get into an intense flame war over the superior pronunciation.

https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/616775/1028725#target

EDIT

Chris Katko said:

I always pronounced it yah-ves.

Which is surprisingly similar to the name of God. Perhaps Yves is really a Jehovah's Witness?

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I can safely say, that to know him, was to love him. And to love him, was to know him. Those who knew him, loved him, while those who did not know him, loved him from afar.

-----sig:

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I can safely say, that to know him, was to love him. And to love him, was to know him. Those who knew him, loved him, while those who did not know him, loved him from afar.

Very nice.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Wow guys. ::)

video

TNG: This douchebag super-egotistical scientist realizes he's dying, so he takes over Data's body, and never stops singing his praises. It's hilarious.

Throughout the episode he keeps butting heads with everyone, while "thinking" he's so smart he's entirely undercover.

-----sig:

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I LOVE THAT ONE.

-----sig:

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Dude, I literally just watched this episode like two days ago in a recent binge. :o

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

This is an oldie, but a good Data GIF/Windows crash. :)

{"name":"611439","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/5\/b59784da512b3b6c4b20d6b25cc7a6cd.gif","w":320,"h":240,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/5\/b59784da512b3b6c4b20d6b25cc7a6cd"}611439

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Go to: