Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Is 'Allegro' a male or a female ?!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Is 'Allegro' a male or a female ?!
dhia hassen
Member #16,240
March 2016

when you hear 'allegro' do you think of a male or a female , is it a 'malish' or 'femelish' as you see it ?

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

When I hear "allegro", I think of music and drawing bitmaps, not maleness nor femaleness.

Edgar Reynaldo
Member #8,592
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

It's gender fluid.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

It's a library. A collection of 1's and 0's. That's it.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Next you fascists will be telling us binary is only two numerals.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Next you fascists will be telling us binary is only two numerals.

Don't you mean "only 10 numerals"? :P

dhia hassen
Member #16,240
March 2016

I am talking about the name not the library , is the name malish or femalish from your point of view ( i know no one wants to answer this XD ) .

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

That's like asking if "fast" is male or female. "allegro" is just the Italian/French/Latin word for "fast".

Some languages apply a random gender to every noun though, for example in my native German each word is either he/she/it. In that case the gender of just "Allegro" as an entity would be "it", the gender of "the Allegro library" would be "she" but for example "the Allegro source code" would be "he".

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Elias said:

random gender

If I recall correctly (99% unlikely) in highschool some of my friends were taking French 3 and discussing how the genders in French are basically like phallic representations. Your foot is a man because it goes inside a female shoe. And then how it breaks down because you have a foot, in a sock, in a shoe.

-----sig:

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

In German it's mostly random, both foot and shoe are male :p

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

dhia hassen
Member #16,240
March 2016

Ops ! so its really gay there ::)::)

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Maybe it is like the French computer.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
If we get apple juice from squeezing apples, and we get prunes from drying out plums, where does prune juice come from?
Hi Randall Monroe.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Don't you mean "only 10 numerals"? :P

You win the thread! ;D

Anyhow, you all are debating the gender of a non-existent entity. You really must be bored!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I wonder if Allegro would make a good name for a human offspring... :-/

Append:

Apparently, according to namesberry.com, Allegro is female, and there's a derived name "Allegra" which is also female.

Allegro

Meaning of Allegro: "brisk, sprightly"
Origin of Allegro: Italian

ALLEGRA is a delicate ballet-dancer name; ALLEGRO, which means a fast-paced movement in music, is stronger and more vibrant.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Quote:

You win the thread! ;D

Where do I pick up my prize?

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Allegro or Alex? Alex Allegro the alligator is a male

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

piccolo said:

Alex Allegro the alligator is a male

How do you know, did you check? ;D

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

I have seem the hentai pics he is 100% male

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

piccolo said:

I have seem the hentai pics he is 100% male

Can't say that I have... can't say that I want to either! 8-)

There are some things in life, I just don't need to know. ;)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Pretty sure alligator's sexual organs are tucked under the skin. :P Before you get weird on me, I used to watch the Crocodile Hunter (the late Steve Irwin) like every week. :P Firstly, I don't think you'd be able to tell gender if there was Alligator hentai (well, unless the hentai style gave it away somehow), and it probably wouldn't be very disturbing to see either. Then again, I take that back, I'm sure it would be cringe-y.

dhia hassen
Member #16,240
March 2016

So according to namesberry.com , allegro is a female , and i knew it already , because the name looks like a female one , allegro is a women , and beautiful middle-aged woman , and we are happy for that :p

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Quote:

Alex the Cougar? ::)

LMAO, nice! ;D

1   2 

Go to: