Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » So are we gonna talk about London? :(

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
So are we gonna talk about London? :(
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

And how, hugging and candle light vigils and telling the Muslim community "How sorry we are" doesn't actually stop attacks?

(To be clear: I've never suggested or advocated we attack or oppress innocent people who have nothing to do with Islamic extremism.)

But here we go again.

There was a time when being attacked by a terrorist meant an all-out war in retaliation. 9/11, anyone? Yes, it ended up worse, but the point was the WILL AND PASSION to "Solve" the problem were there.

Now, bomb after bomb, we just sit back paralyzed with fear and act like, "This is the world we live in now and there's nothing that can be done." We have multi-trillion dollar governments, standing armies in the millions of troops, trillion-dollar equipment for our soldiers, multi-billion dollar intelligence agencies. We have nuclear weapons that can destroy the entire planet a 1000 times over. We've sent machines INTO SPACE that landed on the moon, on mars, and even a flying COMET. We're working on RE-USABLE rockets that help themselves land STANDING UP after being fired. (The shear amount of problems in space travel dwarf anything we've ever had to accomplish.)

But no, terrorism. Nope. Can't do anything about it. Just give up. It's not a problem that can be solved.

{"name":"VhGLJ4f.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/a\/ba509f67ef354912aebb0a5f9c0f214b.jpg","w":640,"h":364,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/a\/ba509f67ef354912aebb0a5f9c0f214b"}VhGLJ4f.jpg

There has got to be SOMETHING that SOME expert knows that will solve it. And step 1, in my book, is admitting that 99% of all attacks are coming from the same group of people and start honestly asking "Why?" and "What can we do."

[edit] Oh, and the "progressive" "liberal" tactic of SHUTTING DOWN DISCUSSION under the veil of "hate speech" (our generation's "think of the children!") is absolutely deplorable.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

This won't stop as long as extremists believe becoming a martyr while killing as many people as they can will earn them glory in the afterlife. Physically intervening to make it harder for them to do so is necessary for the short term, but a permanent solution will involve affected communities undoing the brainwashing that creates jihadis out of their children.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I concur with raynebc. There can never be an end so long as these people are encouraged to believe that such horrific acts are somehow righteous and glorious. The major conundrum here is that their beliefs hinge on the same mechanism that allows Christians[1] their beliefs. Until we as a society accept that this is all bullshit and look poorly on believers of magical men in the sky (or in your head) that can justify horrible things I don't see any solution in sight. With that, naturally, you can see how fucked we are.

As you said, Chris, 9/11 made shit worse. And for some reason, you think that reacting emotionally to a problem and making things worse is better than not reacting at all simply because it's reacting? I think that inaction is one of the best things we can do. Not the only thing, and maybe not the best thing. But certainly I think it's better than committing trillions of dollars to the destruction of land, habitat, people, and machines; and also to the destruction of lives, hopes, dreams, and families.

Every idiot that picks up a gun, bomb, or set of keys (or any other tool that can become a weapon) to kill random people for the purposes of faith-based religion is delusional and probably mentally ill to some degree, whether our gooey science has caught up with that or not. You can't really do much to dissuade them. In their minds, there is no greater good that they could ever do. How do you reason with that without having the ability to demonstrate to them that their beliefs are wrong? How do you demonstrate that their beliefs are wrong when a similar number of people believe in equally ridiculous things on the same merits and "we" defend it?

Similarly, imagine being born into this world on the other side of the world. At first, it sounds great and you appreciate the wisdom. You start to get older and question it. And then, ooops, your mother and father and sister are killed by American troops dropping "righteousness" for their heartaches that most of them probably didn't even personally experience. You've lost everything, the world around you is chaos, and your options are slim. It doesn't take a great mind to imagine how easy recruitment is for them in such a torn part of the world.

So how do you fix that? Will more guns and bombs and destruction and loss work? 9/11 was nearly 2 decades ago. Things have only gotten worse. And they're going to continue getting worse. We aren't treating the wound. We're pouring gasoline on a fire. I heard about London tonight (still barely know anything about it). I think that for us to expect the problem to get better we all need to actually give it the respect it deserves. There's a group of people that badly wants to be heard. An outburst from a drunk celebrity on Twitter is taken more seriously.

I agree that we should take this seriously. That doesn't mean that we should get angry and give money to soldiers to drop bombs and make them pay with lives like some Hollywood fantasy (or Christian doctrine). In the real world, that doesn't solve the problem, and the movie never ends with the "good guys"[2] winning; it just keeps going and going with more and more suffering.

I'm not defending Islam or Muslims. What little I know if it makes it seem like an unreliable belief system with a great potential for destruction. Of course, I think pretty poorly of Christianity too. Any system of thought that prohibits or even frowns strongly against questioning it is pretty obviously a wrong and dangerous system. Unfortunately, not all people in this world are afforded the freedom to think freely, let alone the education (or maybe even biology/psychology). If you wish to find a solution that might eventually work you should probably try to find ways to make us the same instead of dividing us.

There's probably no perfect solution. I don't know who opened Pandora's box, but it's said what has escaped cannot be put back. No amount of childish temper tantrums or political savvy will succeed. Maybe, just maybe, we can learn to lessen the amount of suffering that must happen worldwide and have a net positive affect on this storm instead of fueling it until eventually nuclear munitions are accessible to all and this great being that arose from crude elements and prehistoric ooze, and the planet that bore it, are obliterated.

As intelligent as we as a species can be compared to some of what we observe around us, it turns out we're all pretty fucking stupid yet.

Append:

According to the BBC, police fired 50 bullets to incapacitate 3 assailants. :-/ That seems like pretty poor aim. Not to mention, considering the guys had knives, potentially excessive force. Worst of all, apparently they shot an innocent civilian in the process.

References

1. And any other arbitrary religion that demands "faith" based belief or discourages thinking for yourself...
  2. Notice: There are no good guys and bad guys. Only guys. And attack helicopters, of course.
Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

(...) We have multi-trillion dollar governments, standing armies in the millions of troops, trillion-dollar equipment for our soldiers, multi-billion dollar intelligence agencies. (...)

I don't want to be conspirationist, but maybe that's why there are terrorism. May be there are a need to warrant the costs of that army. Years ago we had the Cold War and before that it was... german imperialism? Pirates? Ottomans? Vikings? Barbarians? Who cares. There are something to fear that will destroy our civilization, doesn't matter if it's real or not.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Social media users accuse CNN of ‘fake news’ over ‘staged’ London attack protest

NN Rebuts Claim They ‘Staged’ a Pro-Muslim Shot During London Aftermath

Katy Perry in Manchester: ‘Touch the Person Next to You’ and Tell Them ‘I Love You’ to Help ‘Conquer Hate’ ;D

{"name":"91qnvcz73q1z.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/f\/7f31497b1c1c9f54175ebb7c9290308f.jpg","w":640,"h":486,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/f\/7f31497b1c1c9f54175ebb7c9290308f"}91qnvcz73q1z.jpg

Spicey. ;D

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Something else that I personally feel needs to happen is to stop defending Islam when these attacks happen. Yes, it is a small majority, estimated at around 15%. But 15% of 1.2b is quite scary. The extremesists in this country aren't being trained in churches, or sports bars, they're being radicalised in mosques up and down the country. It's up the muslim community here to admit they have a serious problem, and to ensure anyone in the mosques preaching hate is named and deported.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

Dude, come on, haven't you ever played a video game?

Terrorists are tanks. They make a lot of noise and seem big and scary, but at the end of the day, they don't really do any damage (less than 10 dead, and I'm supposed to be afraid?) and only serve to distract you and sap your resources.

You have a whole collection of DPS units out there: gun violence, car crashes, cardiovascular disease, etc, etc, etc. These are what's actually killing you, but they do it slowly and/or stealthily, so you don't take notice.

Then you have the healers. Things like massive wealth inequality, the military industrial complex, and climate change (likely cause of massive famine in Syria). These are keeping the whole murder machine going.

You're sitting there saying, "Everyone, let's go after the tank!" while mocking the people who say the DPS and healers are the real threat.

It's guerilla warfare. You don't win that fight with weapons without resorting to genocide or mass surveillance and information control. You win that fight by attacking the societal structures that are growing the guerillas.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

And step 1, in my book,

For a moment I thought your post had morphed into a sales piece for a self-help book of some kind.

~ ~ ~

With my method, the pounds will just drop off!

• Step 1, in my book: buy 20 sticks of dynamite

• Step 2: stick them to your belly

• Step 3: watch the video to learn more

video

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

There's a million an one things to be afraid of...but I was under the impression this thread was specifically about the UK (London) attack recently...

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

In all the attacks recently, the attackers done it in the name of Allah = Mulsims/Islam/whatever. There is an interview with an eye witness where the BBC edited out her comments when she mentioned them yelling out in the name of Allah, but in another station, her report was left in, showing the media is purposely hiding this fact.

If it is not important, why hide it? I think we all know why.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

That's something that infuriates me.

1 - That the media actually is running a HUGE narrative.

2 - That people accept it. Like... the media can just be trusted at face value. Meanwhile, you can Google HUNDREDS of compilation videos on YouTube RIGHT NOW of just incidents that show them pushing a narrative. Like interviewing "on a boat" and some random stranger walks by. Or "interviewing two people far away over 'satellite'" but in the background is not only the same approximate area... the SAME CAR DRIVES BY in one frame, then a second later in the next--they were in the same freakin' parking lot.

The people who trust the media LITERALLY NEVER EVEN GOOGLE "media corruption".

I mean, when traditional newpapers have absolutely collapsed in the internet age, leaving mass consolidation down to <50 companies owning all media in the USA, do people's B.S. detectors REALLY not go off? You can literally pay 6 different companies and get control of 90% of information US consumes and people don't question that?

{"name":"31677_b.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/0\/e0da915d89b40fda19572778aea3a0a1.png","w":610,"h":624,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/0\/e0da915d89b40fda19572778aea3a0a1"}31677_b.png

You give six dudes access to 90% of the vagina on the planet and you think it would be distributed evenly and transparently? Would you be getting laid? Or, does evolutionary biology show us, that people will squander the resources they have access to, in order to maximize their personal gain? Surely no one would do that with INFORMATION in an age when "knowledge is power!"

-----sig:

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Neil Roy said:

showing the media is purposely hiding this fact.

Not necessarily. The video may have been cut differently due to time, or for other editing reasons that had nothing to do with an agenda.

Edit: Also, while I do realize that I probably don't watch the same media as you do, none that I have watched have shied away from associating attacks with Islam.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

This is what I'm talking about and it makes me sick:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/11/us/orlando-pulse-gay-community/index.html

Quote:

'Hearts and minds changed'
A year after the Pulse massacre, there's a new 'culture of compassion' in Orlando

Quote:

control-F Islam. No results. Muslim. No results. ISIS. No results

Gay people don't need more compassion. (Because of the Orlando Pulse club shooting.) Straight people don't need more compassion. White people don't need more compassion. Latinos and blacks don't need to change. NOBODY NEEDS MORE COMPASSION... EXCEPT THE MUSLIMS. A Muslim killed the largest number of people ever in a shooting and we're talking about togetherness?! The people who value, appreciate, and interact with "togetherness campaigns" aren't shooting up night clubs! Extreme Muslims aren't hanging out with huggers. They're in basements watching extremist propaganda on YouTube that YT refuses to take down.

We don't need more COMPASSION AND HUGGING. We need liberal Muslims to stand up and destroy the ultra-conservative ones.

You don't stop the KKK with hugs. Why the !@$!@ would you think it would work with Islamic extremists?

If I see a racist being a racist, I tell him to shut the hell up. If I see a "Christian" being a hateful bigot, I tell him to shut the hell up. But apparently, expecting liberal Muslims to do the same is impossible.

Every time we just "hug it out" and change our Facebook pictures, we aren't just "not preventing" the next attack. We're allowing the next one to happen. How many gay people are going to die in the next decade because we hugged it out today instead of dealing with the real issues? They have names. They have families. They have lives to live. And they're going to be snuffed out because the world refuses to even acknowledge why they're being targeted.

If a White Christian was killing them, we'd demand change. We'd talk about statistics. We'd talk about trends. We'd talk about culture. But because Islam is higher up on the Victim Hierarchy, they can do no wrong. Even as they chop off genital after genital of little girls while the world looks away and pretends Islam is "progressive" or compatible with our way of life.

-----sig:

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

LennyLen said:

Not necessarily. The video may have been cut differently due to time, or for other editing reasons that had nothing to do with an agenda.

Yeah, you keep on believing that. I know the media hides these things now. In Canada, illegal immigrants sneaking into Canada are now called "Asylum seekers" on the news. Like changing the wording changes anything. It's sickening.

Anyhow, check out this video to see what was edited out.

video

---

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2013/04/02/ap-drops-illegal-immigrant-from-stylebook/

For example, the Associated Press says you're no longer allowed to say "illegal immigrant." Also shouldn't say "undocumented immigrants"

Now you're supposed to say "unauthorized migrant". And GOOD GOD PEOPLE how is that any different? Oh yeah in one key area. They don't want you to remember that it's ILLEGAL to break into a country. That interferes with their globalist "one world" hug narrative that if you just let everyone in and "tear down the walls!" every automatically acts like a perfect citizen. Drug dealers only deal drugs because they aren't allowed to be doctors. Gangsters only start gangs because they were denied minority engineering scholarships. And orthodox Muslims actually want to get along with other religions... it's just those damn white people and their capitalism that FORCE them to be the largest, most powerful, government-controlling Patriarchal system in existence on the planet.

Remember when Obama changed the DOJ wording so that "anyone killed in a drone strike (whether civilian or not) = unlawful enemy combatant." So that all the innocents who died, get swamped up in the "Bad guys" statistics so the American public doesn't know how many we're killing. That's an information war. That's changing words subtly so as to influence a public that doesn't have the TIME to nitpick and challenge what they're hearing.

Kind of like Gamergate. Instead of telling you "gamergate is bad because of X" they say "gamergate, a known group of misogynists and trolls", and then go onto their arguments. By never actually mentioning the reasons Gamergate = Bad, and just writing it with a quick assumption, they're tricking your mind into accepting facts without going through the usual "prove it." There's a word for it, but I can't remember. It goes all the way back to 1930's Germany Propaganda, where if you just keep passively repeating a falsehood enough times, people will accept it without thinking about it.

Likewise, the media's character assasinations campaigns where EVERYONE IS A NAZI. Pewdiepie is a Nazi... except he never did anything remotely like it. Milo Yiannopoulos is pro-child molesting... except he never said that. Palmer Lucky, of Oculus Rift, was a entrepreneurial hero? Until they found out he voted for Trump and overnight he was the devil.

You'll notice if you look carefully that these articles all come out around the same day and even use similar wording--basically they all met in a room/chat and decided what narrative they'd push. Even though they're "supposedly" autonomous writers from a variety of different websites/organizations they all strangely use the same writing.

video

This is hilarious. ^

[edit] I've been saving tons of pictures of examples of media hypocrisy or narrative pushing. Here's one example:

{"name":"5EKX6UG.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/1\/b1ce00ebbf627a6aa2815b76f9ad8513.png","w":453,"h":671,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/1\/b1ce00ebbf627a6aa2815b76f9ad8513"}5EKX6UG.png

[edit]

OH. Here's a compilation video of CNN "losing the satellite feed" anytime someone says something factual about Hillary being a bad candidate. Surely Hillary didn't buy off CNN!

video

And here, CNN in a live interview, interviews an ex-cop who SAVED a baby's life who was locked in a hot car. Too bad he's wearing a Trump t-shirt. So when they re-air it... they CENSOR HIS SHIRT and then hide the censorship by placing him in the corner with some text boxes hiding it.

video

Or like when any time there is a free speech protest, the counters-protesters (ANTIFA, an anarchist terrorist organization responsible for riots, burning down streets, and attacking people) is the one that brings BRICKS, pepper-sprays women, and more. But any time you hear the reporting of it, it only says "15 people were arrested". They don't tell you that the majority (or ALL) of the arrested people were the ANTIFA.

But if you actually watch live video from the event, you'll see countless people in black masks throwing bricks. But all the "freedom of speech" people aren't wearing masks at all. They're not wearing masks because they're know they're not going in for the purpose of committing crimes.

video

Here's a not-great-quality reupload of a bunch of ANTIFAs pulling a protester into their mob, so they can beat them and kick them on the ground 10 on 1.

video

Here they pepper spray a girl who was just being interviewed by a news crew @ 1 min mark.

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases

You cannot just systematically single out a particular religion and violate the rights of its followers without opening the rest of us up to the same abuse of power. That won't solve the problem, and it'll only make matters worse for all of us if you do.

It's frustrating to see people getting upset about insignificant attacks, but not getting this outraged when we hear of American government abuses of power and casting their own terror. What affect has Wikileaks even had on the US government or even the world? Fucking none? Nobody gives a shit? But this outrages you?

SMH.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

When have I ever defended the Catholic church? In fact, there are posts from less than two months ago I've made on this very forum, bashing them. Additionally, I'm one of the first to criticize US policy so stop projecting.

The difference is that the MEDIA doesn't protect them. Nobody is arguing "those poor catholic priests! We just don't UNDERSTAND their culture!" and "They're victims of capitalist western ideals!"

I'm going to say it in plain terms: Anyone who kills people because they're gay, is a bad person.

And I will not refrain from criticizing whatever background they come from, and whoever they associate with.

Want to refute my points? Refute my points. But I'm not going to play this distraction game.

-----sig:

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Neil Roy said:

Yeah, you keep on believing that.

Whatever man. I worked for the media for many years. And while I won't deny that there's a lot of mental manipulation going on, most of the people involved are just people. There's no deep dark conspiracy.

But then again, like I said earlier, your media in North America seems to be a hell of a lot more commercially slanted than ours is.

Quote:

Anyhow, check out this video to see what was edited out.

The first clip was 1 minute, the second was 3 minutes. There was a lot more edited out than the 5 seconds this video focuses on.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

When have I ever defended the Catholic church? In fact, there are posts from less than two months ago I've made on this very forum, bashing them.

I am the same as you. I bash them regularly and I actually believe in God. I just do not support that vile, disgusting, putrid "church". I am against them as I am the Muslims! The catholics put to death people in far more horrible ways, and if they started again, I would speak out against them again. I can't stand 'em, actually, I hate the Catholic church more than Muslims and I could almost agree with Muslims in many aspects of their religion if it wasn't for the "kill unbelievers" part in Qur'an 9:5. The Catholics are worse as they claim to be THE Christian church when in fact everything they teach is exactly contrary to the Bible, a book THEY used to burn people alive for owning.

So... it is rather humourous when people try and act like I am against one and for the other. I think that ANY RELIGIOUS organization that promotes murdering unbelievers should be BANNED... no matter who they are. But there is only ONE that I see that regularly beheads Christians and blows themselves up with the promise of paradise if they kill non-Muslims along with them in the explosion.

How anyone can defend a religion like that boggles my mind.

And saying "Oh yeah, well that other religion is just as bad!" doesn't change anything. It doesn't get this one off the hook!! >:(

{"name":"610940","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/7\/174c2d1345b314d9a141f8802584ed99.png","w":960,"h":581,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/7\/174c2d1345b314d9a141f8802584ed99"}610940

---

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I heard Bill Mahar talking with a Muslim reformer once say (paraphrased):

"Religions are a collection of ideas. Ideas are not above criticism. You can criticize ideas without criticizing people."

Killing innocent people and children. Female genital mutilation. Incest (huge problem in the Muslim word. HUGE. Because the Prophet Mohammad married a cousin.) Child marriage--a "legal excuse" to bang children (Mohammad married 9 ear old.). Banging little boys "because it's tradition" (a horrific practice I can't even...). War slaves. (The excuse they use to have sex with captured non-Muslims women.) Killing people who leave your religion.

These are all BAD IDEAS.

Meanwhile, Jesus didn't even have a wife or sex according to orthodox texts. He said, "Judge not lest ye be judged." He said "Turn the other cheek."

There's NO WAY you can say the two are equal. Christianity is fundamentally, a religion of pacifism except in the case of war (which is a necessary evil ala Germany in WW2). The IDEAS represent pacifism, respecting the laws of your government, and many other things we still hold as "universal truths" like "the golden rule" of "do onto others as you wish they'd do onto you."

Where are all the great songs, movies, and other culture in Islam-run countries? The creativity and expression? Dead. For one, the religion bans people in art:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniconism_in_Islam

Of course, so did the past Jewish and Christians! Except here we go again and both of those religions had reformations where they chose to evolve and become more progressive and free and less tyrannical. What happened? When they reformed they changed their set of ideas. Banning art is a ban idea.

(Meanwhile, you can see Christians "integrating" with modern society in all walks of life. They don't interrupt work days to pray. They have 'progressive' Christian music that talks about loving, forgiving, and growing as a person--not killing everyone who doesn't believe what they do. Christians are subservient to their government. It's even codified in their religion, render unto Caesar what is Caeser's. Islam believes Shariah law is above all other laws and governments.)

{"name":"Sharia+law_d47bc4_5602448.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/5\/25705a4ceb2c81f5352d43031b4c25ce.jpg","w":627,"h":663,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/5\/25705a4ceb2c81f5352d43031b4c25ce"}Sharia+law_d47bc4_5602448.jpg

Ideas are not above criticism, and Islam has a lot of bad ideas that need to go. (And other current religions have ideas that need to go too, like many Christians' fear of science--forgetting that science is the study of God's world and not a 'threat' to their belief system.)

And we're not helping reformists and ex-Muslims (who have a death sentence for leaving) by refusing to call a bad idea, a bad idea.

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

You can criticize bad ideas all you want. That doesn't really accomplish anything unless they're will to criticize their own ideas. Unfortunately, the nature of these kinds of one-god religions is that they are not allowed to think openly, and this causes the entire group to close their minds to it. Christianity would probably be in the same boat if it had any control. Turns out, for various reasons, they've been losing control of the "flock" for generations. In terms of a one-god religion it's actually probably failing in that sense, but that's better for its followers and ex-followers who get to expand their minds with reality instead. Unfortunately, whether dangerous or benign, are one-god religions have bad ideas that deserve criticizing. If you don't criticize them all you'll never get any group to listen to you because they'll rightfully assume you're biased.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig said:

Unfortunately, the nature of these kinds of one-god religions is that they are not allowed to think openly, and this causes the entire group to close their minds to it.

You are so full of shit its coming out your ears. I'm Christian, not brain-washed as you would make us all out to be. I am a Christian because I believe what the Bible says (most of the time, but not all) and not because someone else told me I had to believe it. God doesn't force anyone to believe anything. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make everyone who does a Bible thumping zombie with no capacity for original thought. :P If you don't know anything about Christianity, don't open your mouth to talk about it.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

God can't force you to do anything since he's a figment of human imagination, but Christian groups sure as fuck try to pressure you to believe it in various ways.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

bamccaig said:

God can't force you to do anything since he's a figment of human imagination

Except He has done quite a bit for me. Let me list a few...

I asked my wife to marry me, she said no. I prayed about it because I wanted to at least remain friends with her. A month or two later, she returned to me and had changed her mind and asked me to marry her. When we got married, the first place we lived in had a brand new Bible laying it it. I still have that Bible and we have been married 32 years now. I don't believe in coincidences. But wait, there's more...

I had type 2 diabetes and was on 3 medications and took four pills a day for it. I prayed about it and wanted to be healed. A few months after I started praying my prescriptions got messed up and I couldn't get them refilled. I haven't taken any in two years now and my diabetes is totally gone.

That same year (2015) I got a serious infection in my leg, one I had a few times before. One that hospitalized me for two weeks with a very high, dangerous temperature where I could hardly breathe! Well, when I got it in 2015, I refused to go to the hospital, but prayed all night instead. It felt like my entire body was on fire, it was horrible and my wife was worried sick, but I refused to go. The next morning it was totally gone and I was healed.

I get occular migraines. This is a visual distortion, not a headache that has ALWAYS lasted half an hour. It starts out as a small fuzzy dot, almost a crystaline distortion of my vision and slowly grows with the shape of a letter C that eventually fills my entire vision. It ALWAYS happens exactly like this!! ALWAYS... well, the last time it started, I stopped and prayed and for the first time ever, it shrunk and vanished immediately!

I had a bunch of my online accounts all hacked. Plus the fact that my beloved cat died and a few other things happened, I was a nervous wreck, literally shaking on the inside, I could feel it. I finally bowed my head and prayed for help. INSTANTLY I felt a wave of calm wash over my body like I have NEVER felt in my life and I was suddenly in a good mood that lasted for several days. I made some phone calls and my accounts were taken care of by the kindest people I could hope for. I got a donation towards my game around the same time that helped us cover the costs of putting our cat down.

So don't you dare bring your smug, arrogant attitude and tell ME God is a figment of my imagination! I have absolute PROOF HE exists and if you do NOT change your attitude before it is too late and pray for forgiveness you WILL be VERY sorry mister!!!

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

bamccaig said:

God can't force you to do anything since he's a figment of human imagination, but Christian groups sure as fuck try to pressure you to believe it in various ways.

Neil Roy said:

So don't you dare bring your smug, arrogant attitude and tell ME God is a figment of my imagination! I have absolute PROOF HE exists and if you do NOT change your attitude before it is too late and pray for forgiveness you WILL be VERY sorry mister!!!

;D

Go to: