Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » KrampusHack 2016

Credits go to amarillion, Elias, Eric Johnson, and SiegeLord for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
KrampusHack 2016
Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Elias said:

Didn't we originally say handing in on the 26th is early enough?

Yeah, I think GullRaDriel suggested that.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

@Edgar: Are you using Blender to make your game, or just for modeling?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Think about it: if the premise of Secret Santa was that the receiver never knows who gave them their gift then the gifts will be terrible and the event will fail. :P

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Alright, the group has spoken. You have until the 26th to submit your entries as PM's to me. I will plan on passing them out in the morning. If I see the PM after midnight, I'll still pass along the gift...but with a bag of coal or something. :D

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Onewing said:

but with a bag of coal or something.

Great. I'll just sell the coal for some quick cash anyway. 8-)

So that's 12:00 a.m. on Monday, the 26th?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

So that's 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, the 25th then? :P

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I guess it's too late now but I don't love the idea of changing the deadline. Well, do it if you must, but please don't change it again!

I started from a finished game, and I'm replacing features one by one, keeping it in a releasable state the whole time. So I was 100% finished when I started, I'm 100% finished now, and if I work really hard I can have it 100% finished before the deadline!

Yes, I'm so agile.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Why, because people need to sleep? Sleep is for the weak! >:(

Oh, and here's a totally legit screenshot of my game. ::)

{"name":"krampushack2016game.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/1\/e1cc816631f154122543a2f466a7cbcc.png","w":800,"h":600,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/1\/e1cc816631f154122543a2f466a7cbcc"}krampushack2016game.png

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I started from a finished game, and I'm replacing features one by one, keeping it in a releasable state the whole time. So I was 100% finished when I started, I'm 100% finished now, and if I work really hard I can have it 100% finished before the deadline!

That's a brilliant strategy. I probably should have done that :-/

That might be good for another *Hack, actually. :) All entries must be a previously coded game with changes/enhancements, etc.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

m c
Member #5,337
December 2004

yeah polishHack

my game is hard to make the gameplay but i like it anyway so far

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I'm about 85% finished with my gift now. I'd like to finish it before tomorrow afternoon, because I'll be busy most of the weekend. Final stretch!

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I am behind aswell.

I hope he doesn't regift this...

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

How's everyone feeling about their gifts so far? I've made great progress today, and will likely finish tomorrow sometime (so long as these two remaining bugs don't screw me up). My gift is completely playable, but still needs some bug fixing and polishing up before it's done with. Good luck to all!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

How's everyone feeling about their gifts so far?

:-[

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I believe in you, Mark! Believe in the me that believes in you. :)

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I'm using Chipmunk2D physics engine for mine, and it's just making everything 10x as slow as it should be :P I'm glad I have plenty of time to do it, but last time I tried to use a physics engine I basically ran out of time (and it was a ChistmasHack too).

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

One thing I never get about physics libraries and simulations, is they're always default to slow motion. What's up with that?

{"name":"610689","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/7\/67e5b7b9cc3c63e10fbf7a56e155fba7.png","w":416,"h":416,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/7\/67e5b7b9cc3c63e10fbf7a56e155fba7"}610689

--

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

What I said was what I said.
KrampusHack topic says "Try to do so before January 1, 2017. On January 1, 2017"

I will not be able to give anything on the 26 since I started my project with the 1 of January in mind.

I'll submit my present for the due date, my gifted friend will have to wait until that, sorry ^^

Edit: BTW I got something running. I will provide sources and makefiles and everything needed to build my entry (except A5) on Windows and Linux.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Edgar, I am attempting to use your avatar pack, but when I call PopulateAvatars(), it freezes the program. Any ideas? The function returns true, so I know the files are okay.

Go to: