Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » 2016's Christmas Hack

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
2016's Christmas Hack
GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

So, is someone still cooking it ?

I'm all fired up and waiting for the announcement to come, but it seems to NEVER come.

Who's up for a Christmas Hack ?? Brace yourselves !!! >:( >:( >:(

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Don't you mean Santahack?

I'm up for it!

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

<- down!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I'm braced.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Or try to stay on a constant Balmer peak - yours will be the greatest game ever!

--

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I'm up for it. What are the rules?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

For every source file you create, you have to take a drink.

For every global you use you have to finish the drink you're on.

Oh, I thought you were going to make a drinking game out of coding. Not code a drinking game. Silly me.

I gave up drinking a long time ago. Just not worth it. It causes far more problems than it solves. And plus, I don't like getting drunk anymore. Most I have these days is like one glass of wine a month.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I could make a new recording of my song "12 days of Christmashack", if you'd join me. Everyone would have their own solo verse. Record your own verse using your phone or anything, while listening to background instrumentals on headphones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Now that I would love to join in on!

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I may write a game where the aim is to knock Edgar from his high horse.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

You think he's on his high horse because he used to drink and now almost doesn't?

What about me then? My lifetime intake of alcohol has consisted entirely of:

• My father apparently rubbing it on my lips when I was a baby

• My classmates putting vodka in my orange juice on my 18th birthday

• The occasional accidental encounter with an item of cake, pudding or confectionery that has been spiked, usually resulting in my rejection of said cake, pudding or confectionery because it tasted nasty

All of which I am angry about. ;)

I doubt I can participate in ChristmasHack or SantaHack though - too much work-work to do :-/

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

You think he's on his high horse because he used to drink and now almost doesn't?

Maybe lately he's been big on marijuana-infused dressage?

video

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

SantaHack! Love that this is still a thing. :)

I won't be able to attend this year. We should start these conversations in October/November for planning and setup. Holiday times are always crazy busy!

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I was being jestful - didn't come across properly (should have used emoticons!) ;D ;D ;D :D

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I just spent way too long making this logo:

{"name":"610665","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/b\/0b56af93c0e079de22efee6282fdc90c.png","w":3264,"h":2448,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/b\/0b56af93c0e079de22efee6282fdc90c"}610665

...for a hackfest that doesn't exist ;)

[edit:] I think the original sketch looks better than the cleaned-up version, though! :/

{"name":"610666","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/a\/7a5f30bae9eb9083c2df406c7669de28.jpg","w":2651,"h":1541,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/a\/7a5f30bae9eb9083c2df406c7669de28"}610666

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

So, who's making it up ?

Are we gonna do it with just the a.cc forum's ?

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I think just forums is good enough with only about 5 people. And considering the usual drop out rate of roughly 50%, there will only be about 2.5 finished games.

--

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Then the winner is the 0.5 of a game - for that to even be possible is quite the hack :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Most likely the 2.5 games that finish will be 0.5 of a game each ;) :D

--

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I have a 100% completion rate!

Once I participated in a ChristmasHack and I finished. I've never been in any other *hacks, so 1 out of 1.

Incredible!

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Go to: