Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » [TINS2016] announcing the winners!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[TINS2016] announcing the winners!
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

The polls are closed, the votes are in. I'm not talking about Brexit but about TINS...

TINS 2016 Results

Of course you want to play the games! But - you can't decide which one? Have a look at the reviews!

All TINS Entries reviewed

Thanks for participating, and hopefully see you again next time!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

How are the scores calculated?

For example, on Technical I got [5, 5, 4, 4] but my score is 3.75?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I'll assume non review votes were lower.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

For Artistic SiegeLord has [5, 4, 5, 4, 4, 5] = 4.5714
For Artistic Eric has [4, 4, 5, 5] = 4.625

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

The site only shows the votes that are tied to a review. People who only voted without writing a review, their votes don't show publicly (near as I can tell). And I know because my vote for your game doesn't show up, and for all we know, there's a total of 9 votes for your game.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

eeeeeeoookkk. That makes sense.

There must be a correlation between written reviews giving higher scores and non-written reviews giving lower scores. ;D Everybody's scores seem to be lower than the sum/avg of public ones.

--

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I remember on the mailing list, someone reported having a public review of all 1's

---
MiquelFire.red

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

That was me ;D It was clear from the review text that the 1's were just sort of default votes left by accident since the game crashed on startup for that person, so amarillion cleared those numbers away.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

You got the right conclusion already - the averages are calculated from all votes, but what you see below reviews is only the votes that belong with that review.

For example, Mark, your tech scores were: 5,5,4,3,2,4,2,5 with an average of 3.75.

It could be true that there is a slight bias between reviewed and non-reviewed games. This shouldn't make a huge difference though, because I'm making sure that each game is reviewed a minimum number of times, so the bias should be spread out evenly.

Bruce, MiquelFire - Indeed I adjusted that one review that had all 1's (I just removed it from the calculation). I think it was not right to give out 1's just because you couldn't play it, especially since nobody else was reporting similar problems. As far as I can tell this was just an isolated incident, and hopefully this resolution is satisfactory to all involved.

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

Bruce, MiquelFire, amarillion - Was my fault :-[. I'm satisfied with the resolution, my punctuation was actually not fair.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

It's all right - as I said, I consider it accidental :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Thanks for the hard work. At least I finished. >:(

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Go to: