Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » Display only shows on the task bar..

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Display only shows on the task bar..
devo_au
Member #15,282
August 2013

Ok so I have hopped back on the allegro,

Currently trying 5.1.12 x86 with Visual Studio Community (Airy fairy!!) 2015
I am bringing over my old projects coded with 5.0.10 VC2010
They are compiling and running OK with new IDE. So far so good.

The problem I am having is when I run them I cant enlarge the main window.
Console window shows no worries. The release build is the same story as debug.
I can only see it in the task bar at the bottom but it doesn't want to enlarge.
I can even see it refresh in the task bar but nothing I do can make it maximize or at least open to any degree.

I have tried looking through the projects properties. Can't see anything useful.
This has got me stumped. Anyone got any idea of what is happening?

Cheers Dev

it wasn't me, it was other kids

RPG Hacker
Member #12,492
January 2011

So just to make sure I got this right: Your game is not frozen and is actually rendering something each frame, which you can see in the preview window you get when hovering over the task in your task bar? Are you running a dual-monitor setup, by any chance? I had some weird stuff happen to me where some applications would open on the second monitor, even though it was turned off, and I was wondering, where the heck my windows had gone. You can try clicking on your application so it becomes the active application, then holding down Windows key and then pressing left or right arrow keys a bunch of times. This will move your window around on the screen and you can even move it between different monitors, so if this is the cause of your problem, you should see your window pop up at some place.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

devo_au
Member #15,282
August 2013

Hey,

First RPG, "The game is not frozen and is actually rendering something each frame, which you can see in the preview window you get when hovering over the task in your task bar." That's correct mate and I'm just running a single monitor.

Second Edgar, "Try using al_set_window_position to fix it". Yep that fixed it. Cheers Edgar ;D

it wasn't me, it was other kids

Go to: