Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Allegro 5.1.11 released!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Allegro 5.1.11 released!
Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Actually, cmake does support it, at least when you use cmake-gui... it allows you to edit the used CFLAGS. My speedhack entry I compiled with -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ which is enough to not depend on any DLLs at all (I didn't need the -static - but I also don't know what it would do).

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

You can modify the cflags through the cli and tui interfaces as well.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Elias said:

Actually, cmake does support it, at least when you use cmake-gui... it allows you to edit the used CFLAGS. My speedhack entry I compiled with -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ which is enough to not depend on any DLLs at all (I didn't need the -static - but I also don't know what it would do).

Well that takes care of the CRT and Allegro, but I still can't build OpenAL statically with cmake.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Yes, as for openal, just disable it... I don't think anyone created binaries with openal enabled - we mainly have it for osx support only.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Not a big deal for me. It would be nice to have no DLLs needed, but including them wasn't too big a deal. I appreciate your efforts as is a lot.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I've adjusted my binary package to use debugging examples and to use statically linked monoliths that don't depend on the CRT or OpenAL anymore, so theoretically no dlls should be needed anymore.

Get the libs here :
static_libs.7z

and you'll have to wait for the debugging examples, since SF won't let me upload anything at the moment...

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

SF is borked :(

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

SF pukes.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

1   2   3 

Go to: