Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Mouse & keyboard lag while debugging (A4.4, Visual Studio)

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Mouse & keyboard lag while debugging (A4.4, Visual Studio)
Andrew Gillett
Member #15,868
January 2015

Is there any workaround for the issue where the mouse and keyboard become almost uncontrollably laggy in the debugger after hitting a break point?

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Is your system running out of resources (CPU, memory, etc) when this happens?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Calling it an issue seems wrong as this is the first I've ever heard of that. If the mouse and keyboard are having problems it's not because of allegro but because of visual studio. When a breakpoint is hit, all the threads are stopped, including any input threads. It's your system having the issue, not allegro.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Grab the copy from git (branch 4.4) , this has been fixed there.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Wasn't me, it was Yamakuzure. No idea how he figured it out :P.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

GUID_SysMouseEm2 and GUID_SysKeyboardEm2 apparently do the trick. I don't know why or how.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

The main ones are probably exclusive access, and the Em are not.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Andrew Gillett
Member #15,868
January 2015

It turns out that the patch doesn't fix the kb/mouse lag. Yamakuzure acknowledged this in his last post but it wasn't entirely clear, so I had already tried out the patch.

Go to: