Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » More efficient way to capture mouse position?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
More efficient way to capture mouse position?
Mishtiff
Member #15,776
October 2014

@Aikei Sounds good. I think i was confused on what boost does, now i understand that boost does insertion, a tree and checks for collision. i thought it only did the first two :) so i also added this to it:

#SelectExpand
1for(iter = objects.begin(); iter != objects.end(); ++iter) 2 { 3 std::vector<GameObject*> results; 4 //find all actors intersecting with the current one and insert results into the "results" vector: 5 pRTree->query(bgi::intersects((*iter)->GetBoundingBox()),std::back_inserter(results)); 6 int size = 0; 7 size = results.size(); 8 if(size <= 1) continue; 9 10 for(int i = 0; i < size; i++) 11 { 12 if(i == 0) continue; 13 if((*iter)->CheckCollisions(results[i])) 14 { 15 results[i]->Collided((*iter)->GetID(), rand() % 10 + -5, rand() % 10 + -5); 16 } 17 } 18 }

This is the version i was using, which wouldnt make sense if the query is returning all actors that intersect each other... ;D.

#SelectExpand
1for(iter = objects.begin(); iter != objects.end(); ++iter) 2 { 3 std::vector<GameObject*> results; 4 //find all actors intersecting with the current one and insert results into the "results" vector: 5 pRTree->query(bgi::intersects((*iter)->GetBoundingBox()),std::back_inserter(results)); 6 int size = 0; 7 size = results.size(); 8 if(size <= 1) continue; 9 10 for(int i = 1; i < size; i++) 11 { 12 results[i]->Collided((*iter)->GetID(), rand() % 10 + -5, rand() % 10 + -5); 13 } 14 }

new code, tell me if that works. Also, i will fix the code for Collided. instead of random movements it will just push in the opposite direction.

Aikei_c
Member #14,871
January 2013

This should work, however you are making an assumption here that the object itself you are checking collision with will always be the first to be returned, which I don't think boost guarantees, since the manual doesn't specify any order in which results are returned.
So you should check something like if (*iter)->GetId() != results[i]->GetID()
(If I understand correctly and this is the unique ID of the current instance of class. If not, you probably could also just check pointers for equality, like results[i] != *iter.)

Mishtiff
Member #15,776
October 2014

@Aikei good point, will implement it now. Ill update this post in a couple hours with the progress

Update: Im not sure what happened, but i hit a critical error. I closed my program to spend some time with the family today, and got an error, so i had to copy and paste the entire program over again. Something about running git. It somehow moved files or something when i went to push them.

Happened on my desktop as well (on accident). all of my folders are gone that i had created... :-/

Anyways, all is well and ill update soon.

Go to: