This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
[SpeedHack] A Slug's Life
Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

But it just made him sluggish... :-/

:D

A Slug's Life is very impressive technically. I doubt many people could program something like this in three months, much less three days.

I like the story. This might sound silly, but I sympathize with that kind of situation. I think anyone can... In other words, I really wanted to get my shell back. Can you? I maxed out my level (36), but the ants in the Experience Room just kept coming. And I ate all of the bad guys in the bouncy level.

The bouncy level was my favorite, by the way, mainly because of the huge jump. That was fun. :)

Story time.

I forget who it was, but there was an Olympic long jumper who blew his first two chances in the qualifiers by stepping over the line. The judges called on him to make his third and final jump, but he couldn't move. The looming possibility of disqualification had paralyzed his legs.

His coach took him aside and said hey, with legs like yours, you've got room to spare. Let's draw a line in the sand half a foot in front of the real line. Pretend that's the real line. Now go jump.

The long jumper followed orders, taking off well before the starting line, and ended up qualifying. He even went on to win a medal.

Playing A Slug's Life reminded me of that story.

1   2 

Go to: