Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » My Allegro-Made game is on Steam Greenlight, check it out!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
My Allegro-Made game is on Steam Greenlight, check it out!
Michael Moffitt
Member #15,246
July 2013

I've been working really hard on this game for almost two years now. It's in Allegro, in C++ (and a little C).

It's a really difficult platformer with emphasis on making the player learn, timing, and a virtual boy-inspired art style. All the assets are original, including the engine, and it's pretty much done.

The steam link is here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/245693211

You can view some screenshots and a gameplay video from the greenlight page. I'd really appreciate it if you could check it out (and give Allegro a chance to shine!)

furinkan
Member #10,271
October 2008

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Yeah, the art style is nice. Hope you get in there man!

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Congratulations for actually finish a game and submit it to Steam! I hope it gets approve I think it would be the first Allegro made game there! Don´t forget about Desura!

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Looks great. Gave you a YES vote, hopefully you'll achieve your goal. Good work!

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Simon Parzer
Member #3,330
March 2003

This looks really good. Hopefully will be greenlit soon, so we can all play it!

Michael Moffitt
Member #15,246
July 2013

Thanks for the support. Show everyone you know, get more votes!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Kris Asick
Member #1,424
July 2001

Doesn't look like my kind of game but still looks like a good amount of effort has gone into it. Good luck passing through Greenlight! :)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- http://www.pixelships.com

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

It looks really nice, I liked the SFX, how did you create them?

I'm getting a few slowdowns, nothing really serious but definitely not something I would expect in a retro-game like this.

Good luck! :)

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

... virtual boy-inspired art style.

You had me at this.

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

This looks like a cool retro style game. If it gets greenlighted we should highlight this on the new Allegro web site.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

Voted it up. Good luck!

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

The sound is awesome, by the way. The art style and gameplay look great, too, but man, you know how to make a game sound good. Good luck with your bid for Steam greatness. I hope you get the recognition you deserve.

ajsuson
Member #14,202
April 2012

I will support the Allegro-made game. I want to do the same as you did even in the old version.

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

Voted yes as I finally took the time to go through your greenlight, and may as well buy once I free myself up, good job!

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

Neuton Mouse
Member #15,146
May 2013

Looks cool with all this visual stuff, especially special effects. Game somehow reminded me NES batman (dunno why; perhaps "darkest" atmosphere) and character looks like batman himself... of course very high one!

Voted yes. Game definitely deserves its place there! : )

Go to: