Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Annexing Uktaine. Objections?

Credits go to Aikei_c, Chris Katko, Derezo, gnolam, jhuuskon, Matthew Leverton, Max Savenkov, OICW, Thomas Fjellstrom, and torhu for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Annexing Uktaine. Objections?
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

How ironic.. It looks like this thread name is getting quite prophetic. Of course not all of Ukraine, the west doesn't want it. But the eastern parts of Ukraine seem to be quite cheering for it.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

It seems more like passive aggressive joking to me.

The "citizens" that invaded govt buildings most recently were actually Russian, not Ukrainian. And they had the gall to try and call for a referendum. Last I heard not to many actual citizens were actually for a full out splitting.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

How do you differentiate or understand if they're Russian or Ukrainian? All of eastern Ukraine is Russian speaking. Dual citizenship is allowed for both countries if I'm not wrong.

And while Crimean self defense forces were clearly professional, and not risking anything the current situation for the occupiers in east Ukraine is do or die. Hard to imagine them being Russian soldiers. Really.

And the U.S. position is really disgusting with its clear dual standards of support of temporary government(which came in by force) that revokes official status of Russian language, but blaming Russia in organizing protests against this nonsense.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

type568 said:

How do you differentiate or understand if they're Russian or Ukrainian? All of eastern Ukraine is Russian speaking.

They were asked, and said they were Russian. (outside of Crimea/Ukraine)

Quote:

Dual citizenship is allowed for both countries if I'm not wrong.

Not in Crimea it seems. If you want the Russian passport, you have to give up your Ukrainian. If you want to keep your Ukrainian passport, you have to leave.

--

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

type568 said:

It looks like this thread name is getting quite prophetic.

Annexing Octaine? Octane? It's a gas pipeline, not a gasoline pipeline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

@Thomas

Source statements both please. Well, I'll try to find myself if you won't. But if you say it, I guess you can do it more easily. I'm not even trying ot prove you wrong, I'd like to know.

Oh, and.. If few of'em are Russians, it maybe. The idea seems more than legit for Russian speaking population anywhere.

@Johan

Heh. I noticed the typo after some time, but didn't think it THAT way :D

Go to: