Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » torchlight free...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
torchlight free...
Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Sweet, got it. Also got Arcanum which was on sale. I like Torchlight's download size... I was having a bad experience this weekend with UT3 and the gigabytes of memory it needs in exchange for crummy gameplay.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Got it. Can't play it, but got it :).

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

kazzmir
Member #1,786
December 2001

I tried to play it in wine but it wouldn't start. OgreMain.dll failed to initialize. Also the patch.exe errored out on startup.

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

bamccaig said:

Where is the direct link to the download page? Or does it require cookies and JavaScript to work?

I don't think the page the OP posted has a link to the download page, so here it is: http://www.gog.com/gamecard/torchlight (you need to create an account and add the game to the basked as if you were going to purchase it).

It probably requires javascript, but we're on 2013 already :P

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Sweet, thanks for the heads up! Grabbed it. I have SO MANY games from that site, I love it. ;)

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Saved to my cart Kthanks ;-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

I installed it on my macbook, works fine.

Incidentally I also tried Constructor since I saw it had a mac package and it works!
I haven't been able to run that game since the 90's...

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I can run steam in wine and wanted to be able to run Magicka, Terraria, and Torchlight, but Wine and Mono act like they will load and then just stops. Can't get it to run from terminal so I dont' even know what errors it is crashing on as to why they won't load.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I played both Torchlight and Torchlight II under Wine. I may have had to go to appdb.winehq.org though and follow the instructions there.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Odd, says that only versions of Torchlight from certain sites run. Going to royally suck if GOG's version won't run. Listed Steam version, but I don't have money to buy it, that is why I jumped at the free one. Don't know when I'll have money to get Torchlight II. I'll try that site's methods and hope it works when I get back from son's doctor appointment today.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Decent game... wish I didn't have to micromanage all the items and stuff, though.

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Can't see how to get it.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

No problem. You just build a time machine and go back to before the offer expired :P

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

damn

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

There's not enough room in storage. Too many gems!
I almost never have any sockets to put them in either...

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Mine still gives errors about Ogre, but yet to find a fix for it. Oh well, at least I own it for when and if I ever bother with a Windows OS again.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

I just killed Ordrak!
Anyone else?

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Nope, still not found a fix for the OgreMain.dll error I'm getting when trying to run it. Wine and Mono both won't play it for this error:

wine: Call from 0x7b83b581 to unimplemented function msvcp90.dll.??0?$basic_ostringstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@H@Z, aborting
err:module:attach_process_dlls "OgreMain.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\GOG.com\\Torchlight\\Torchlight.exe" failed, status 80000100

Google has been little help for fixing it.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Trezker said:

I just killed Ordrak!
Anyone else?

Did you use the trick where you stand on top of the stairs? He's almost immortal, so I couldn't be bothered to kill him. Is it worth doing, anything cool happen after that? I just started over with another character instead :P

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

I played easy because I'm lazy, so I didn't have much trouble.

Go to: