Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » So, I got this email

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
So, I got this email
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Neither a ponzi scheme nor a pyramid scheme as they both require investors. That is just a phishing attempt. As you forward that email it is normally Cc'ed to the company that sent it so they have tons of emails to spam with their product later.

Forwarding an E-mail should not CC anyone by default. :-/ I've always assumed that the process relies on the forwards with unmodified copies of original messages, To: and Cc: headers included, eventually making the rounds back to somebody involved through chance alone. The majority of messages probably don't, but I'm sure enough do to make it worthwhile. They probably just recruit regular people through "get rich working from home" schemes to forward forwards that they receive to some company. People are greedy and ignorant. It would be effortless to convince them to do it for very little reward (most probably wouldn't even understand it).

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

It has to be real, it says not fake right in the letter. Could they say not fake if it was fake? ML, how much are you paying us to respond to this thread?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Bob Keane said:

It has to be real, it says not fake right in the letter. Could they say not fake if it was fake?

Don't bring those religious arguments into this thread...

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

bamccaig said:

Forwarding an E-mail should not CC anyone by default.

Really? Odd, I've had several emails I've replied to for my son's school and it automatically put the senders and all the included emails to the Cc part of the mail with only the sender in the To field :-/.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Even more odd, just replied to another one and did it. They may not be the same but just forwarded the same email to my live.com account and it also had the Cc field filled. Oh well, I only reply or forward anything about once a week anyways. The rest of the week I just delete things.

1   2   3 

Go to: