Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » ChristmasHack this year?

Credits go to Arthur Kalliokoski, BAF, Dario ff, Desmond Taylor, Edgar Reynaldo, Elias, GullRaDriel, Johan Halmén, l j, m c, Mark Oates, Matthew Leverton, MiquelFire, OICW, Specter Phoenix, and Thomas Fjellstrom for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
ChristmasHack this year?
Desmond Taylor
Member #11,943
May 2010

I'm busy from the 9th to the 23rd but any time I get spare I shall try my best.

Count me in :P

My code will be a complete mess for spending like 1 hour here 2 hours there ;D.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I get ideas quickly for them but then doubt that I can do them so I never do end up making them.

Jeez, have some faith in yourself dude. If you don't know how to do something, do some research first, and learn how. If you never try, you can never succeed.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

1. Think of what you can do.
2. Aim 5% higher.
3. ???
3. Profit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Specter: That is the very definition of depression.

Quote:

de·pres·sion/diˈpreSHən/
Noun:
Severe despondency and dejection, accompanied by feelings of hopelessness and inadequacy.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Sometimes people think they're not depressed when they actually are depressed because they're not aware of a feeling of sadness.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

It's a state of mind. It's really hard to see that your state of mind isn't good because its your brain. It's normal for you, so why would anything be wrong?

It took me ages to come to grips with my problems.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Dunno if it's obvious or not, but I am in if it's held. I'll program on the bus if I have to >:(.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

16 people posted in the thread so far, if only half of them make a game should be plenty - just have to find someone quickly to organize it :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

On 12/05, BAF said:

I plan to have a site for this up by this weekend. We'll follow similar rules as in the past. That leaves a week for registration and voting, and a week for the competition itself.

Still going to set stuff up BAF?

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I'm responsible for the delay...

hang tight ;)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

Me, finishing a project?
Never, that would be betraying my roots.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Excellent.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I'm on it !

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I'll attempt to make something.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

1   2 

Go to: