Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Allegro 5.1.0 released!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Allegro 5.1.0 released!
kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

I'm trying to build 5.1.0 right now. I'm getting this:

WARNING: allegro_video wanted but no supported backend found

I had built some earlier 5.1.0 revision but never got into building the video addon. Now I want to try it and I've already downloaded the FFmpeg dev binaries including the lib and header files. I was expecting for cmake to allow me to define something like FFMPEG_INCLUDE_DIR as for other build options but looks like I have to put the libs directly on my MinGW path. Is there a plan to change this?.

[EDIT:] I placed the FFmpeg files in the MinGW folder but I'm still getting the same warning. So, how do you build the video addon?.

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

So, how do you build the video addon?.

There is no way... I have also tried and I get the same warning. Elias has just pulled our leg with the video addon :o .

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

Looks like the video addon is currently only enabled for Linux through cmake. I'm guessing the file cmake/AllegroFindFFMPEG.cmake is where the corresponding cmake changes must be done.

Unfortunately, I know only the very basics of cmake so I can't figure it out yet.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Yeah, I believe the cmake build needs to be adjusted. Anyway, I'm putting off getting it to build outside linux until the theora backend is done (or until i need it myself :P).

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

After doing some ugly changes to the cmake files, I managed to build the video addon. However, when I run ex_video I get audio but no video at all, al_get_video_frame() returns NULL. I wouldn't go as far as to tell that it's broken on Windows, though. Chances are I did something wrong. It could also be due to my too old machine/graphics card.

Finally, what's with this line in ex_video?:

fprintf(stderr, "SDL: could not set video mode - exiting\n");

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

person said:

Finally, what's with this line in ex_video?:

fprintf(stderr, "SDL: could not set video mode - exiting\n");

Ups... Coping and pasting? ;D

Ken can you post the modifications here?, I would like to test it too. I just don't have the time to learn more about cmake. Thanks

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

This is what I did (yes, it's ugly).

Edit the file cmake/AllegroFindFFMPEG.cmake and add the following:

if (WIN32)
    set(FFMPEG_FOUND 1)
    set(FFMPEG_LIBRARIES avcodec avdevice avfilter avformat swscale swresample avutil postproc h:/libs/allegro-5.1.0/build/lib/liballegro_audio.dll.a)
endif()

For the allegro_audio lib I had to write the full path. Change the path accordingly.

Hope you can get it to work.

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Let me see. I'll try it when I get the time.

1   2 

Go to: