Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Aporkalypse

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Aporkalypse
relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

Hey all,

DigiPen finally put up a public link to our gold-ish build of Aporkalypse (which you may remember under the previous working title of Sic Semper Tyhamis).

It does still take a rather powerful computer to run at full speed, but it has gotten considerable better since First Playable.

High Concept:
Kill pigs, destroy their houses, fight the boss, eat bacon.

Trailer:

video

Screens:
{"name":"aporkalypse_1.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/5\/05636a12aa43e21fb7ac5325d9228b04.jpg","w":800,"h":600,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/5\/05636a12aa43e21fb7ac5325d9228b04"}aporkalypse_1.jpg

{"name":"aporkalypse_3.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/8\/9870574d1bc09b27f80b48abdd9a4dc1.jpg","w":806,"h":605,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/8\/9870574d1bc09b27f80b48abdd9a4dc1"}aporkalypse_3.jpg

Link:
Aporkalypse

Let me know what you think.

J-Gamer
Member #12,491
January 2011

Looks fun, but my comp is way too low-spec to run it :-[

" There are plenty of wonderful ideas in The Bible, but God isn't one of them." - Derezo
"If your body was a business, thought would be like micro-management and emotions would be like macro-management. If you primarily live your life with emotions, then you are prone to error on the details. If you over-think things all the time you tend to lose scope of priorities." - Mark Oates

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

Ok I played and finished the game.
It really needs to be optimized...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5850
And it still doesn't run smoothly.

The game itself is fun though.

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

I've just watched the video, but it feels like it needs something to show the first person, like some hands or a stick or something :)

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

Yeah, the trouble is the whole game is single threaded. I have another build which separated out about 20% of the load onto another thread, but the engine is single threaded by design, so I couldn't make the threaded build work perfectly and is still liable to crash every once in a while (though I have been working on this and haven't seen it crash since my last batch of changes).

I'll upload the threaded binary later today. My computer isn't fast enough to build it before I have to leave for work and I currently have 0bytes free on my hard drive anyway (without a paging file), so no real space to put it.

Ideally speaking, you are a wolf, but that is a rather major asset request.

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

Ok, a couple of things I noticed this time:
You can gust jump higher than you should be able to by sucking in one of the pigs and then gust while aiming downwards. Shooting blocks while right into a wall or other blocks makes the block pass through the other entities without colliding.

Oh and I forgot to mention, changing the resolution does not work correctly.
The viewport won't always adapt and the camera seems to be misaligned with how you move.

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

I pushed the buttons and received bacon. Nice game! Ran fine on my computer.

van_houtte
Member #11,605
January 2010

ran smooth on my atom processor with intel gfx chip

-----
For assistance, please register and click on this link to PM a moderator

Sometimes you may have to send 3-4 messages

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Playable but not smoothly, sometimes it also crash and exit. IT DEFINITELY NEED TO BE OPTIMIZED.

I played a few level. The move felt strange for a wolf. Kind of driving a spaceship with a wolf sticker.

I liked the GFX style.

Spec: i7@3Ghz, Radeon5800, 6GB DDR3

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

van_houtte
Member #11,605
January 2010

^something is wrong with your pc, works fine with my dual core 1.7 ghz atom, 2 gigs of ram and 8 meg graphics card

-----
For assistance, please register and click on this link to PM a moderator

Sometimes you may have to send 3-4 messages

J-Gamer
Member #12,491
January 2011

Just tried it out and my fears were true... I had to use Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of it :-[
The loading took a very long time and the main menu wouldn't respond.

" There are plenty of wonderful ideas in The Bible, but God isn't one of them." - Derezo
"If your body was a business, thought would be like micro-management and emotions would be like macro-management. If you primarily live your life with emotions, then you are prone to error on the details. If you over-think things all the time you tend to lose scope of priorities." - Mark Oates

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

The game runs incredibly slow on ATI cards. I may fix it at some point...

Go to: