Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Post your latest music

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Post your latest music
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Post the latest (or current) album and artist that you listened to (are listening to), a short description of what kind of music it is, the media it was from (cd/online music store/etc), and where you got it.

Now playing :

Artist : Ali Farka Toure
Album  : Savane
Genre  : African blues/rock/traditional
Media  : Compact disc
Source : BMG music

I'm not up with current music anymore, so maybe this thread will help me find some new music for my audio library. Feel free to post more than once. The more music the better. ;)

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

The last album I bought last week from iTunes is the latest Rise Against album. I can't remember the name of it and I haven't listened to it much. Genre is rock I guess.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

It's a great video. If you're into schoolgirls, and don't mind the music, that is.

My latest acquisition ("The German Years", a compilation of Moondog's later works) is from the 1970's, so I don't think it counts as "current". When I buy music, I buy CDs - best way to make sure I won't have to put up with DRM nonsense, and my car's cd player plays them without any conversion whatsoever :P

---
Me make music: Triofobie
---
"We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too." - Johan Halmén

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I just bought the "French Funk Experience" by "Kid Loco", but at the moment I'm listening to "Fillenium Malcon" by "My Milky Way Arms".

So there.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Last time I've listened to Asia - Alpha, right before it it was Asia - Asia. The newest album I've acquired was Asia - Omega (released last year) along with live compilation of King Crimson (it was a Cirkus). Besides these you could mostly find albums and compilations from Yes and The Doors on my shelf.

So I guess I'm not in touch with current music either (and I don't think I can count latest Asia album in, well I could but it's not mainstream). So progrock predominantly for me 8-)

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

The last song I listened to is There She Is, by superstar4410, me, and Matthew Leverton.

The last album I listened to is about a decade old now:

Artist : Ben Folds
Album  : Rockin' The Suburbs
Genre  : Piano rock?
Media  : CD ripped to MP3 files
Source : Probably half.com

If you're looking for something recent that's decent, I have listened to Cee Lo Green's Lady Killer album a good number of times. I would classify it as "old school" R&B, but I have no clue what the rest of the world classifies it as

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious; 2007, psytrance, Direct Connect, a random user on a random east european server.

You don't deserve my sig.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Artist : Dream Theater
Album : All of them (favoring Octavarium and Systematic Chaos)
Genre : Progressive Metal
Media : MPEG Layer-3
Source : Google ;)

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

Artist: Nightwish
Album:  End of an Era
Genre:  Symphonic Power Metal
Media:  MP3
Source: google?

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

video

I don't really listen to albums.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Todd Cope
Member #998
November 2000

Artist : Metroid Metal (Stemage)
Album  : Varia Suite
Genre  : Metal
Media  : OGG Vorbis
Source : Band Camp

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

This playlist from Blalock has some great songs within, all tied together with various spoken word clips regarding dreaming/waking etc. Really nice to listen to if your at a loose end.

Don't Wake Up

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Gogol Bordello - Start Wearing Purple

video

Gypsy punk. :)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The album that I've been listening to most recently is (just bought it recently):

Artist: Taylor Swift
Album: Speak Now
Genre: Country, Pop
Media: CD, ripped to iTunes/iPod.
Source: Big Machine Records, apparently, though I don't really see what relevance the record label is...

StevenVI said:

If you're looking for something recent that's decent, I have listened to Cee Lo Green's Lady Killer album a good number of times. I would classify it as "old school" R&B, but I have no clue what the rest of the world classifies it as

Is that the album with "Fuck You" on it? That's an awesome song, and he's clearly a good singer. Is the entire album good? I only like to buy albums from artists that are awesome from beginning to end. If every track isn't perfect or near perfect (i.e., you can enjoyably listen to the whole album on repeat over and over again) then I generally feel like I got fucked and throw the CD away. :-/ Artists should be perfectionists, damn it. >:(

Kitty Cat
Member #2,815
October 2002

video

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Kitty Cat: very nice!

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

bamccaig said:

Is that the album with "Fuck You" on it?

Indeed it is. I find the entire album to be enjoyable, with the exception of the song Bodies. I tend to skip it when listening through. Despite that blemish, the album is awesome, and I think it will stand the test of time.

I got his previous album, Cee-Lo Green... Is The Soul Machine, but I didn't really care for it as much. It's a rap album, while Lady Killer is most definitely not. (I do like some rap music, and there are a handful of tracks on there that are good, but I can't really listen to the whole thing in one sitting.)

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Mumford and Sons

A satisfying breath of fresh air in a day in age where everyone calls hip-hop and rap "music".

This, my friends, is real music.

video

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

lambik
Member #899
January 2001

Artist : Within Temptation
Album : The Unforgiving
Genre : Gothic?
Media : Compact disc
Source : Sony Music Europe
video

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

This, my friends, is real music

Everyone has their own tastes. Stop thinking yours are better than everyone elses :P.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Everyone has their own tastes. Stop thinking yours are better than everyone elses :P.

It's safely assumed that "good music" is just an opinion. The same can't be said about "the ultimate answer to life" such as religion.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Their bikes make them uncool and their music suck. 341 people on YouTube agree with that.

1   2   3 

Go to: