Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » [A5] Finding all files in a directory

Credits go to Thomas Fjellstrom for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[A5] Finding all files in a directory
J-Gamer
Member #12,491
January 2011

Does Allegro5 have an file API which is able to find all files with a certain extension in a directory? I tried searching the manual, it pointed out that there is a PhysicFS add-on, but I don't seem to be able to find anything of the sort in there either.

" There are plenty of wonderful ideas in The Bible, but God isn't one of them." - Derezo
"If your body was a business, thought would be like micro-management and emotions would be like macro-management. If you primarily live your life with emotions, then you are prone to error on the details. If you over-think things all the time you tend to lose scope of priorities." - Mark Oates

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Did you miss the "File System" page in the docs?

al_open_directory and friends are your friend.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

J-Gamer
Member #12,491
January 2011

Thanks ;D
I must've overlooked them... Sorry for my silly question (RTFM to myself :-X )

" There are plenty of wonderful ideas in The Bible, but God isn't one of them." - Derezo
"If your body was a business, thought would be like micro-management and emotions would be like macro-management. If you primarily live your life with emotions, then you are prone to error on the details. If you over-think things all the time you tend to lose scope of priorities." - Mark Oates

Go to: