Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Whats your personality type (MB)

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
Whats your personality type (MB)
superstar4410
Member #926
January 2001

Do you guys/gal(s) know your personality types?

You can take the test here if you have 15mins to kill

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I'm http://keirsey.com/4temps/mastermind.asp INTJ

Introvert or Extrovert , it said I was introvert 67%
Sensing or initution , it said I used intuiton 50%
Thinking or feeling , it said I was a thinker 12%
Perception or Judging, it said I used judgment 56%

I wonder if us programmers will cluster to one spectrum of the personality scale or if it will be near random like the general population.

Don't take yourself too seriously, but do take your responsibilities very seriously.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I've come across this test before, and taken it several times. I always get INTP.

The girl who first showed it to me (who is also a programmer) is INTJ, if that helps your statistics.

Also, the general population isn't near random. Some personality types are more common than others. And I don't think we'll get a fair sampling here, as some personality types will be more drawn to the logical, solitary life of programming than others.

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

I took that test awhile ago. I'm INFP. The description it gave of my personality was surprisingly accurate.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

superstar4410
Member #926
January 2001

Wow yea me too, especially reading at the bottom about romance etc, I was like how did you know i was like that.

For mine it said
As a teen, he was slow to mature. He was interested in girls, but was very awkward around them. He also felt that most girls were just plain silly, so he did not date. By his senior year in college, he was actively looking for a mate but wasn't quite sure how to go about it. One day he happened to strike up a conversation with a young woman he'd known slightly. They immediately hit it off, covering topics ranging from the inane (comic strips) to the sublime (the origin of life). They married a year later. Hamid feels very relieved to have successfully cleared this life hurdle.

Very close, the general jist of it is right except i'm not married yet.

And I didnt mean near random I know some types occur more than others, like mine it said is like 2% of the population, what I meant to say was I wonder if it will mirror the same distribution found in the general public.

Don't take yourself too seriously, but do take your responsibilities very seriously.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I don't want to hear another one of these threads until the stubborn, selfish person has honestly tried to get over it by talking in person to a doctor, a professional, a pastor, etc and making a real effort to follow their advice. Otherwise, you are just wasting everybody's time.

Thank you.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

superstar4410
Member #926
January 2001

???

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

This is bogus because all 16 types are made out to sound like superheros. Where's the type for the average loser?

If I got any of the introverted, thinking types as a result, it would seem like it described me at some "shockingly" accurate level. That is, of course, because I am awesome, just like the text says.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Myers-Briggs? Seriously? Why not try a Rorschach test or phrenology while you're at it. ::)
It's pseudoscientific, unreliable, and so ridiculously easily gamed that it's not even funny.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

This is bogus because all 16 types are made out to sound like superheros. Where's the type for the average loser?

Hehe, that could be a good practical joke actually. "Thank you for completing this test! Your personality type is FAIL."

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

They do that with horoscopes, why not personality tests?

It's one thing to tell someone they're going to have a bad week because of alignment of the starts, it's another thing to tell someone they're going to have a bad life because they have a shitty personality.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

The test is relying on the Forer effect. :P

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

gnolam said:

The test is relying on the Forer effect [www.skepdic.com].

If the test was relying on the Forer effect, then explain to me how it could know I am good with kids?!

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I am good with kids?!

Gee whiz, I'm good with kids too! Gimme one, I'll squeeze him and pet him and feed him and I will call him George!

superstar4410
Member #926
January 2001

Seems many are taking the personality test very personal loll interesting.

Obviously the 5 plus billion of us on this planet are all individuals and no two people are exactly alike. Thus any attempt to generalize peoples personality types base on just 16 categories is obviously that, its generalizing which for me is obvious. That does not mean it lacks all validity in its generalizations if they are just seen as that. A board category shared with millions of others.

I'm not going to argue to defend it fully I didn't write the test, so its all good.
I think some person take certain things too personal, what are you afraid of? Do you feel uncomfortable that some test is telling you about yourself?

Obviously people can answer questions in weird ways and a lot of the questions depend on the context so it can be hard to pick a yes or no, but overall pretty straight for me.

Example

are you always early to events (yup thats me, click yes)
do you like to keep organize(yup thats me click yes)
etc,etc

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I think it's fair to try to generalize people into 16 categories for fun. But such generalizations ultimately are useless at an individual level, as any single point could be completely erroneous.

I think a 70 question test is a waste of time, when you could just as easily ask four questions starting with: "Are you introverted or extroverted?"

And I think it's shallow to think a test accurately describes you, when I could pick any twenty vague complements and get you to think 90%+ of them described you.

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

Gee whiz, I'm good with kids too! Gimme one, I'll squeeze him and pet him and feed him and I will call him George!

Doesn't sound like you're very good with kids to me...

I think a 70 question test is a waste of time, when you could just as easily ask four questions starting with: "Are you introverted or extroverted?"

Not everyone is capable of accurate reflection.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Doesn't sound like you're very good with kids to me...

video

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

Okay, I actually did consider that you could have been making a reference, but I when I Googled your sentence it didn't come up with any sources... I guess Google doesn't know everything.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Okay, I actually did consider that you could have been making a reference, but I when I Googled your sentence it didn't come up any sources... I guess Google doesn't know everything.

Actually it comes from Of Mice and Men by Steinbeck.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

And I think it's shallow to think a test accurately describes you, when I could pick any twenty vague complements and get you to think 90%+ of them described you.

What would be more interesting is if it also focused on the negatives of your personality type.

"You'll be great at data entry! But good luck finding a date!"

:P

superstar4410
Member #926
January 2001

Good point Johnny about not everyone being good at self reflection I agree.

And shallow?
Maybe others do but I dont take a personality test looking for compliments, interesting that you perceive the test this way. Seems like you see it (correct me if i'm wrong) as people take these test to make them feel good about themselves. I guess some people do, I don't.

I already know i'm a cool guy, don't need a test to tell me that or go fishing for compliments, loll

{"name":"FreeCompliment.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/1\/814c2d61143e9f44cc6c37bc94bbde8e.jpg","w":400,"h":533,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/1\/814c2d61143e9f44cc6c37bc94bbde8e"}FreeCompliment.jpg

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

"You'll be great at data entry! But good luck finding a date!"

Don't most data records have dates in them??!!?

superstar4410
Member #926
January 2001

You're joking right?

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Don't most data records have dates in them??!!?

Touche, sir. I have been bested.

1   2   3   4 

Go to: