Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » Xcode, ncurses and the terminal

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Xcode, ncurses and the terminal
Ceagon Xylas
Member #5,495
February 2005

Anyone here work with Xcode much? I'm trying to build and execute an ncurses project, but when it executes, there's no output. My guess is the debugger's trying to grab what the console would be putting out if it were allowed and screwing the whole thing up.

Here's debugger the output:

#SelectExpand
1[Session started at 2010-11-16 16:53:44 -0500.] 2GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1469) (Wed May 5 04:36:56 UTC 2010) 3Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. 4GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are 5welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. 6Type "show copying" to see the conditions. 7There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. 8This GDB was configured as "x86_64-apple-darwin".tty /dev/ttys000 9Loading program into debugger… 10Program loaded. 11run 12[Switching to process 17006] 13Error opening terminal: unknown. 14Running… 15 16Debugger stopped. 17Program exited with status value:1.The program being debugged is not being run. 18The program being debugged is not being run. 19(gdb)

Error opening terminal: unknown. looks like the offender, so if anyone else has figured out how to eliminate the problem, I'd be much appreciative.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I remember having to run xgdb as root to get a terminal.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Ceagon Xylas
Member #5,495
February 2005

I should note that it will execute fine if I run it outside of the Xcode debugger. And I can attach the program to the debugger after the fact, but I really would like to not add in the extra step if I don't have to.

Go to: