Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Allegro.cc Translator Experiment 2010

Credits go to Arvidsson, anonymous, Arthur Kalliokoski, bamccaig, Crazy Photon, Evert, Fishcake, FMC, gnolam, Goalie Ca, GullRaDriel, Jakub Wasilewski, Johan Halmén, Jonatan Hedborg, kenmasters1976, lambik, Neil Black, Oscar Giner, Slartibartfast, type568, Vanneto, and weapon_S for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Allegro.cc Translator Experiment 2010
Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Dario ff said:

Yes, it's just before Swedish, the last link in the chain

I guess Oscar will do that part, then. :)

EDIT: Isn't Swedish -> English the last link?

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Spanish --> English --> Swedish --> English

The "last link in the chain" part goes for swedish, maybe the comma shouldn't be there.

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Dario ff said:

Since we're pretty much at half in the event, I suppose there would be no problem in posting just the order of the translations? (If 2 people confirm this, I will)

I'm not sure I follow, isn't the order of the translations alphabetical?

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

You either use your head and make the list yourself, or I post it here for your visual pleasures.

My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

lambik
Member #899
January 2001

I made a first draft of my translation just now. I will take another look at it in half an hour before finalising it.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

If you will survive it till then.

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Good news people! (Don't explode type568)

Both Marco Radaelli and FMC are joining in to the translation chain! The more the better! Marco has confirmed me this via PM.

They'll be put in the end of the chain, so the order for any of you doesn't change at all. The last one will just have to send them to Marco additionally.

The problem was that FMC didn't have another italian translator to join in. He proposed that Marco participated too, and so, I'm giving him the possibility to participate in the experiment as well.

That increases the number of translations to 18. Nice!

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Sweet. Science progresses!

lambik
Member #899
January 2001

I sent of my translation just now. I struggled with how much I should transliterate and how much I should reinterpretate. Now I'm very curious how close I was to the original version :D

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Great, Slartibartfast, you're next. Will you have any problems with sending Hebrew messages via PM?

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Dario ff said:

Will you have any problems with sending Hebrew messages via PM?

אָלֶף-בֵּית עִבְרִי

The forum seems to be ok, so the PM system should be too.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

It's damn late here now -.-
& Imma sleep. If you hear breaking news of an uncontrolled nuclear fusion reaction in Israeli central region, you'll know I will never wake up.

Append:
U-235 + Pu-238 @ 10m degrees Celsius..

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

type568 said:

Translation:

Oh craps, Israel's got da bombs

:o

----
Oh... Bieber! I thought everyone was chanting Beaver... Now it doesn't make any sense at all. :-/

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

10m °C = 10m K

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

@Goalie: I tried to do my best, and I admit to be a lot curious about how you turned them back to English ! I can't wait !

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

type568 said:

Append:

Isn't that fission and not fusion?

Ron Novy said:

Oh craps, Israel's got da bombs

He didn't say whose implied bomb it was that exploded in Israel ;)

Anyway, I'm done with my translation, it was fun. I won't specify how well I think I did until the experiment is over, for fear of tainting the results.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

I think it's actually somewhat that "three stage detonation", dunno..
Since the temperature of these two is already 10mil, some fission is assumed to take place nearby the same moment.. & is kindeh' supposed to suffice for these guys to start fusing their atoms :P

However, I've received my 5 sentences & sent'em further so the reaction is postponed for now :P

Quote:

He didn't say whose implied bomb it was that exploded in Israel

Ya.. I was made in the USSR. Although Izrael has got teh bombehs too.. Or so they all say.

@Goalie: I tried to do my best, and I admit to be a lot curious about how you turned them back to English ! I can't wait !

Some of us were really close to some unwanted chain reaction..

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Iron is at the bottom of the nuclear energy output curve. Elements heavier than iron take more energy to fuse than they output, but yield a net gain for fission, vice versa for elements lighter than iron.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Oh. Aha.
Btw makes sense, thanks...
So the cute nose is right.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

The lack of sun is perhaps making my brain working half it should, but I can't see how I would have started a chain reaction.

I am for sure not understanding something there.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Quote:

Ahh! 7 new PMS! Holy , that was fast..

Variable group of symptoms occurring before menstruation in 40% of women, severe in about 10% of those....

Hmm.

I am for sure not understanding something there.

If you read the thread starting from here.. You may understand what I mean.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

type568 said:

Pu-238 isn't fissile, only fissionable. And besides, it's far too rare and valuable for RTG fuel to use in anything else. :)
</brain damage>

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

gnolam said:

Pu-238 isn't fissile, only fissionable. And besides, it's far too rare and valuable for RTG fuel to use in anything else.

You'll be surprised to know what can be found in a human's mind..

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

type568 said:

You may understand what I mean.

Hell yeah. I am ashamed.

To revive my honor I must follow the Norglaw's law and make a human sacrifice. As I don't have a fsking young and nice virgin under the hands, I'll use some type568 nuclear-mind powered bomb.

It's just a matter of time, and I'll find that fscking lost bag with the beloved red button inside.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

It's just a matter of time, and I'll find that fscking lost bag with the beloved red button inside

If another experiment is to come soon, the risks of an "unexpected" detonation will rise again.. I think you're running out of time, hurry..

Go to: