Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » allegro 5 cmake problem

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
allegro 5 cmake problem
adamk kromm
Member #5,432
January 2005

so i want to try out Allegro 5 and so i went to the alleg.sourceforge.net and got the src files. read the instructions and it said i need to use cmake to configure it and what-not.

so here is what i did... I have MinGW on my computer with it in my path variable... so i do what the readme file recomended and this is what cmake gives me...

#SelectExpand
1CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "MinGW Makefiles". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to select a different build tool. 2CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "MinGW Makefiles". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to select a different build tool. 3CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly. 4Missing variable is: 5CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR 6CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly. 7Missing variable is: 8CMAKE_C_COMPILER 9CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Adam/Desktop/allegro/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake 10CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly. 11Missing variable is: 12CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR 13CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly. 14Missing variable is: 15CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER 16CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Adam/Desktop/allegro/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake 17CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage 18CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage 19Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

and if i manually select the compilers

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Adam/Desktop/allegro/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Adam/Desktop/allegro/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

no idea what that all means... ive tried almost all the options. The one that seems to work best is the MSCV 2009 but that still doesnt work either (id prefer not to use it).

----------
-Adam Kromm

My Website

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

What Cmake command are you running?

adamk kromm
Member #5,432
January 2005

cmake-gui

i also tried cmake and cmake -G "MinGW Makefile" but all gave the same errors

ok so downloading mingw-make (which i thought i had) fixed those problems... but now anytime i try to cmake it, cc1.exe and cc1plus.exe stop working and freeze. :(

so, im still not getting anything to work... can anyone just send me the precompiled library and all other associated files (headers, dlls,...)

----------
-Adam Kromm

My Website

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Go to: