Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Temporal - Full release!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Temporal - Full release!
Renboy
Member #9,703
April 2008

Ah! Thank god for beta testing ;D

The 1.02 version I sent is bad (it doesn't ruin the levels.dat though) - records that people upload overwrite other people's records;
I'll upload a 1.03 version in a moment (and clean up the database again..).

EDIT:

You can get 1.03 from the attachment now.

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

Seems that when uploading records, the comment field eats the ' character. Not that it is something to worry about.

Also, you will clean up the database when posting the official link, right?.

Renboy
Member #9,703
April 2008

There is no need to clean up the database again (unless I find a bug) -
If you want to change anything (nickname, comment, email, whatever) just re-upload your records, and all will be overwritten.

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

It's just that I was wondering if my records are a bit too much for the fresh upload page and instead I should wait before posting them in the official one. But, oh well.

Renboy
Member #9,703
April 2008

Interesting point...
Maybe I'll clean it one last time before linking it officially ;)

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

I uploaded an updated version of my records (for testing purposes only, of course), and now I'm getting an error. Don't know if it was my upload what caused it, though.

P.D. Or you were doing some changes, it seems, since the error is gone but the database was "cleaned".

Renboy
Member #9,703
April 2008

Yup :)

I have officially changed the main site (use the normal http://www.potato-factory.com/temporal from now on).

Database was cleaned. Now all is well.

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

OK. Luckily I didn't update my records after you clenaed the database. I'll wait before uploading them this time.

Or I may upload a simpler set of records in the meantime. Like playing the levels the intended way.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

I updated my game version to 1.03 and played the game (repeated several levels) and I still can't upload the levels.dat (it says it is invalid).

Anyway, this is one of the best games that has been ever done with Allegro. The music and artwork are amazing. I love the end-of-level music (I even ripped it out of the .dat so I can listen to it. Hope you don't mind).

Very very good work. :)

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Karadoc ~~
Member #2,749
September 2002

Quote:

It's just that I was wondering if my records are a bit too much for the fresh upload page and instead I should wait before posting them in the official one. But, oh well.

I was thinking the same thing. At the moment my intentions are to wait until there are a couple of "everything" records up there before uploading mine.

-----------

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I'm fine giving you my email address but slightly uncomfortable with it being publicly displayed. I would change the form text to describe that :)

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Renboy
Member #9,703
April 2008

Thanks Vanneto!
I have no problems with your ripping the music, as long as its for personal use (the music does not belong to me anyway, apart from usage in temporal, so I couldn't give you permission to use it in anything even if I wanted to).
I see you managed to upload your records eventually (you probably had problems since I was in the middle of messing with the site).

CGamesPlay: the email is purely optional, and is indeed displayed publicly if you do decide to write it down...
How do you think I should change the form's text?

Anatol334
Member #7,081
April 2006

Will there be a place to upload the best time replays? Or do you prefer that their methods aren't necessarily shared?;)

-------------------
My Projects

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I don't know. Probably instead of "optional" I'd say "include your email if you want it displayed with your records".

I figured it was for some sort of notification system :)

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Renboy
Member #9,703
April 2008

Anatol334: (are you Kong Driver?) - For the time being, the place to upload replays is the potato-factory forums. And you can share anything you wish to share ;)

CGamesPlay: Good idea. I'll be working on changing the main site somewhat... it will probably look more like it looked originally, but with a link to the records site; and I'll definitely add more data and such.

EDIT:

Just updated the main site... Me and CSS don't go along so well, I really hope this looks the same on non firefox/explorer browsers.

Anatol334
Member #7,081
April 2006

The website is looking much better. (I'm using Firefox, btw). Maybe you could have buttons for the download and forum links? I think that'd look better than just text links. And yes, I'm Kong Driver.8-)

-------------------
My Projects

Renboy
Member #9,703
April 2008

Good idea ;)

MonoMonkey
Member #9,621
March 2008

This Game is a Master Piece of 2D games. I really wouldnt belive that this was made by one single guy. Was it ??? I must really say this is amazing, I am glad it was made :-)

Renboy
Member #9,703
April 2008

Thanks!!

While I created the game (coding/graphics/content), I had several friends that helped in the music department (a very cool composer dude, and a band), voice overs and most importantly beta testing - which I never realized how important it would be (and I'm not talking about finding bugs, but adding and changing the game to make it more fun).

I hope you enjoy it!
(and I also hope it will be featured on this site at some point...)

Biznaga
Member #3,180
January 2003

This is simply amazing! I have to agree in that this game is a master piece! :o

Not only it looks pretty and professional, it also is fun and addicting. Even more, dialogs and humor keeps me reading every line the game drops and laugh. ;D

This is the kind of games I'd love to play in my NDS or PSP. Nice job! Congrats and thanks for sharing it!

Renboy
Member #9,703
April 2008

I'm honored that you compared the game to NDS/PSP games :)
and that someone actually likes the dialogs ;)

I would actually love to get this game reviewed... so far I tracked down a couple of reviews, in Portuguese and in Polish ;D (google translate did an.. interesting job at translating them, but I sorta got the jist of these).

OnlineCop
Member #7,919
October 2006

Renboy,

Although the humor may not translate perfectly into every culture out there, would you find it beneficial to have a few different language ports? Your game doesn't seem to be text-driven, so the instructions displayed on the screen could easily be set to German, Japanese, Portuguese, Polish, etc. That would expand your audience (although you may not know when someone is praising your game, or cursing your game, when they reply in Kanji or Swahili or some other dialect...).

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I am in for the French part !

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

1   2   3 

Go to: