Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » How to obtain OpenGL 2.1. Revisited: Gods.. heed my call!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
How to obtain OpenGL 2.1. Revisited: Gods.. heed my call!
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

On a friends computer any allegro application takes 15-30 seconds to load, this makes me feel like I have no control over certain aspects of my game, and I hate that feeling.

What kind of computer? a 386? AllegroGL is not causing that extra load time, if it is, its a bug.

Allegro 4.9 had a little bug (and still might) which caused initialization of the font addon to take a long time...

Quote:

You might think it's a dumb decision to not use AllegroGL but I feel like I gain a lot from doing so, it increases my understanding of how things work and makes it easier for me to overcome other problems.

Thats a perfectly valid reason to pick doing something this complex and time consuming yourself. But once you've done it yourself, it would be stupid to do it again :P

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

1   2 

Go to: