Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Representing a math problem.

Credits go to Edgar Reynaldo, gnolam, and Matthew Leverton for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Representing a math problem.
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

chris27wjoyner said:

It is written...

A lot of things are written. That doesn't make them true. It was either people or the Bible itself that told you that the writings in the Bible were true, that the Bible was the word of God, and that God exists. People lie. People write books. People write books of lies. As far as I know, there is no way known to man to prove that God exists.

Unfortunately, religious leaders know how to make it seem right to trust them and wrong to question them. They pressure you into believing and make you feel good about it; right for it. Unfortunately, that doesn't make them right. That doesn't make you right.

In truth, mankind does not know that God exists. We don't know if the Bible is true, nor do we know who wrote it. Some choose to believe (to have faith) what the Bible says (or what individual interpretations of the Bible say). Some are pressured into it. Some aren't afraid to question it. Some of us make our own decisions and think for ourselves. Some of us don't believe in God and we have very good reasons not to. Much better reasons than you could possible have to believe.

I'm not saying that you can't believe. I'm just saying that you can't truthfully state things as fact that you don't know to be fact. To say that the Bible is truth could very well be a lie. You don't know. To say that God exists could very well be a lie. You don't know. If you argue that you do know, that is almost certainly a lie.

Jeff Bernard
Member #6,698
December 2005

I've always suspected that all of these great religious prophets were just schizophrenics. Just imagine following a religion that was crafted by someone that cannot think properly. Wait... rephrase that in your mind...

--
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Quote:

Are you actually saying that you actually believe that Noah got ALL types of animals on ONE boat and the entire world got flooded... Are you serious? Man.. Wait. Dont answer that. :P

That goes both ways. While I understand it doesn't seem plausible, neither does the whole big bang theory bullocks or any other dreamed up reason why we happen to just exist on Earth.

Quote:

As far as I know, there is no way known to man to prove that God exists.

You can have experiences that make you feel God really does exist. Enough of those and you don't need proof. You say there's no way for man to prove God exists, I say there's no way to prove God doesn't exist.

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

bamccaig:

Quote:

A lot of things are written. That doesn't make them true. It was either people or the Bible itself that told you that the writings in the Bible were true, that the Bible was the word of God, and that God exists. People lie. People write books. People write books of lies. As far as I know, there is no way known to man to prove that God exists.

It is written, that it is written. You can not break the scriptures. That is what you guys are trying to do, you haven't done it yet.
The scriptures are God's words, not mans. It is God's prophets that wrote the scriputures that are in the collection of the HolyBible.
Look at the books in the NewTestimant See there names? Do you think those books are about the people's name at the top?

Quote:

As far as I know, there is no way known to man to prove that God exists

What does man know? My understanding is as the height of myself, God's understanding is as the height of the Heavens.
You do not prove God, God proves you. God will prove himself to you. It will be God that shows you that he is, The Lord God Almigty.

Quote:

Unfortunately, religious leaders know how to make it seem right to trust them and wrong to question them. They pressure you into believing and make you feel good about it; right for it. Unfortunately, that doesn't make them right. That doesn't make you right.

There is hypocrites all over the world. There is many antichrist's in the world.

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."
1 john 2:18 KJV of the Holy Bible.

And again.

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

Quote:

In truth, mankind does not know that God exists. We don't know that the Bible is true, nor do we know who wrote it. Some choose to believe (to have faith). Some are pressured into it. Some aren't afraid to question to it. Some of us make our own decisions and think for ourselves. Some of us don't believe in God and we have very good reasons not to. Much better reasons than you could possible have to believe.

God has showed me, that he exists. You are only talking about non believers, not the people that God has called to him.
God does not pressure you, God will not step on your will. God does not control your thinking, God does not force your dicisions. With God, you are Free,
And not a slave!

Jesus Came into the world so that man, could have life, and more abundatly. Sin makes you a slave to it. If you Sin, Sin will take control, and make your dicisions
Like being on crack cocain. Except Sin will bring you into enternal damnation. (Which is what sin wants)

Quote:

I'm not saying that you can't believe. I'm just saying that you can't truthfully state things as fact that you don't know to be fact. To say that the Bible is truth could very well be a lie. You don't know. To say that God exists could very well be a lie. You don't know. If you argue that you do know, that is almost certainly a lie.

You can not tell me, after everything I have been through. And the things I have suffered and been delivered from. That my God does not Exists. My God very well Exsits.
And he is for me, and because he is for me. No one can be against me. You do not know me, you do not know why I believe in God. Just because there is something you have never expirenced, or seen. Does not mean someone else has.

Jeff Benard:

Quote:

I've always suspected that all of these great religious prophets were just schizophrenics. Just imagine following a religion that was crafted by somehow that cannot think properly. Wait... rephrase that in your mind..

God did not give me a spirit of confusion. But of Love, Power, and a Sound Mind.
To be decieved by your own coneits, that is not a sound mind.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

bamccaig said:

I see what you mean...

I make exceptions for people who really deserve it.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

chris27wjoyner said:

It is written, that it is written.

What does that change? Explain how that makes any difference.

I can write a lie. I can then write that the lie is the truth. That doesn't make the lie true. It's just another lie.

chris27wjoyner said:

You can not break the scriptures.

Define break and scriptures.

chris27wjoyner said:

What does man know? My understanding is as the height of myself,...

So then how can you honestly claim to know that God exists? ::)

chris27wjoyner said:

My God very well Exsits.

If God did exist he would not be your God. He would be the God.

Neil Black said:

I make exceptions for people who really deserve it.

How Christian-like of you.

Disclaimer: I'm extremely tired.

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

bamccaig:

Quote:

What does that change? Explain how that makes any difference.
I can write a lie. I can then write that the lie is the truth. That doesn't make the lie true. It's just another lie.

How do you prove any Lie, or any Truth? If it is the Truth, it will happen. If it is the truth, you can not expose it as a lie, because there is no lie in it.
But if it be a lie, it will be exposed.

Quote:

Define break and scriptures.

You can not disproof what God's Word says. When God says something, it will happen.

Quote:

So then how can you honestly claim to know that God exists

I do have the understanding as my height!

Quote:

If God did exist he would not be your God. He would be the God.

God is the God. God is my God. God is the Lord of Hosts. God is the God of Israel. The God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

The problem with all the anti-religious here (and most everywhere) is that they are already closed minded and have been programmed (from the television, school, etc) to hate those who are religious. They have been programmed to mock it because it's the cool thing to do.

Someone else already said it and I think this really ends the discussion: while you cannot prove that God exists, you also cannot disprove it. Any debating on the topic is moot.

Pick the path which rests well in your mind. But don't force your religion (or lack of religion) on others. That goes for all of you. ("He started it!")

That's always been my opinion, anyways... at least for a while now.

The problem with chris27wjoyner is that his posts make little sense. He is giving a bad name to others who are religious and giving bait to the mockers: "the last guy who believed that was a complete doofus."

Please! If you want to spread the word, use sentences that make sense! Use proper grammar and check your spelling! Don't claim to be speaking in parables when your posts are irrelevant. Otherwise you are just inviting mockery upon yourself and your beliefs.

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

Harry Carey:

Quote:

Someone else already said it and I think this really ends the discussion: while you cannot prove that God exists, you also cannot disprove it. Any debating on the topic is moot.

God can prove it to you!

Quote:

The problem with chris27wjoyner is that his posts make little sense. He is giving a bad name to others who are religious and giving bait to the mockers: "the last guy who believed that was a complete doofus."

Have I lied at any time? I speak the words that God spoke, it is God you are saying is giving the bad name.

Quote:

Please! If you want to spread the word, use sentences that make sense! Use proper grammar and check your spelling! Don't claim to be speaking in parables when your posts are irrelevant. Otherwise you are just inviting mockery upon yourself and your beliefs.

The reason you do not understand. Is because you are a child of the Devil. What I have said, is what the scriptures say... Seeing and you see not. Hearing and you hear not.

Quote:

Pick the path which rests well in your mind. But don't force your religion (or lack of religion) on others. That goes for all of you. ("He started it!")

(That is just what you tired to do in your post)

It is the law of God, that I must worn a sinner that he is killing himself. If I do not worn a sinner that he is killing himself, and he die. He's blood is on my hands, because I do not worn him. But If I worn him and he die, He's blood is not on my hands, because I worned him.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

God is our judge , not us.

- chris27wjoyner -
How many people do you think you can get to trust God when you accuse them of being children of the devil?

Yes , there are children of the Devil , they are the Kenites , children of Cain. If they follow God , then they are children of God. Stop assuming you know everything.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Harry Carey said:

The problem with all the anti-religious here (and most everywhere) is that they are already closed minded and have been programmed (from the television, school, etc) to hate those who are religious. They have been programmed to mock it because it's the cool thing to do.

I'm open to what religious people have to say. They just never actually say anything worth considering. You have to want to believe to believe.

I don't hate religious people. I have religious friends and family. I was raised as a Christian. I don't hate Christians.

I joke about religion because religious beliefs are irrational.

chris27wjoyner said:

[Irrational statements...]

I assume English isn't his first language and he's having trouble understanding us. Or maybe he's crazy. Or maybe he's a child. Either way, I don't think he's capable of having this debate with us.

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

Quote:

God is our judge , not us.

- chris27wjoyner -
How many people do you think you can get to trust God when you accuse them of being children of the devil?

Yes , there are children of the Devil , they are the Kenites , children of Cain. If they follow God , then they are children of God. Stop assuming you know everything.

Yes you are right, God is our judge. I have no right to Judge another's servant. And it is written that we are all equal before him. (I am also God's servant.)

What I stated came out of the Holy Bible.

Do not tell people what they want to hear to win their heart. Tell them what the truth is. It is the truth that sets a man free. And you are correct, I do not know everything, I know very very very little. To be wise, is to know how little you do know.

It also says, That the beginning of Wisdom, is the fear of the Lord.
And to gain understanding, is to step away from sin.

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

I'm bored, what better solution than to throw my hand into a religious thread.

chris27wjoyner:

Quote:

God can prove it to you!

Irrelevant. It doesn't matter if God can prove to you he exists as the fact still remains you can neither disprove or prove his existence to any other.

Quote:

Have I lied at any time? I speak the words that God spoke, it is God you are saying is giving the bad name.

You are speaking more than the words God spoke in your posts. The words you speak make little sense and posses the kind of doublethink which gives Christians a bad name. Of course, that your biblical references are highly repetitive and are slightly non sequitor does not help your case. I'm not going to cite examples. I am lazy.

Quote:

The reason you do not understand. Is because you are a child of the Devil. What I have said, is what the scriptures say... Seeing and you see not. Hearing and you hear not.

This is a prime example of what I wrote above. Calling grammarians children of the Devil does quite the contrary to making your arguments appear valid. Furthermore, it is not that "we don't see" but that your posts are truly irrelevant. For all their length, they prove nothing. Lest you can make a post of yours literally preform a miracle, they can never prove a thing. Just because you cite what you believe to be the collaboration of all truth does not make your words (or Gods words as you would like to correct me) inerrant to all readers.

Quote:

It is the law of God, that I must worn a sinner that he is killing himself. If I do not worn a sinner that he is killing himself, and he die. He's blood is on my hands, because I do not worn him. But If I worn him and he die, He's blood is not on my hands, because I worned him.

Consider us "worned".

Deliberately failing at quote tags was harder than I had thought.

The atheists around you will not be swayed by your words--in fact those probably hurt your cause more than anything. Live well and without zealotry.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

Quote:

I must worn a sinner that he is killing himself.

Again with the speaking in riddles. What you mean is that your belief is that we are all going to Hell because of the way we think. If I were to take this quote at face value I would assume that you warn everyone who smokes that it could kill them eventually, everybody who eats fast food that if they eat nothing but that for a month they will die, and everyone who uses Sweet and Low that according to the state of California it causes cancer.

Just come out and say what you think. Don't hide in riddles.

Quote:

I speak the words that God spoke, it is God you are saying is giving the bad name.

Out of context scripture is lying. Or are you saying that you are God?

Quote:

God can prove it to you!

Which is completely besides the point, unless you are claiming to be God!

Quote:

The reason you do not understand. Is because you are a child of the Devil.

So let me get this straight: the reason your grammar looks bad to me is because you have just personally damned me? Are you telling me that you are God?

How old are you?
What denomination do you belong to?
Does your church have a website?

I am interested in how someone could be as confused as you. I do not wish to publicly deride you, but you are inviting it on yourself.

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

relpatseht:

Quote:

You are speaking more than the words God spoke in your posts. The words you speak make little sense and posses the kind of doublethink which gives Christians a bad name. Of course, that your biblical references are highly repetitive and are slightly non sequitor does not help your case. I'm not going to cite examples. I am lazy.

Your questions are always repetitive.

24And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
25And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
26Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
27For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
28Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Quote:

This is a prime example of what I wrote above. Calling grammarians children of the Devil does quite the contrary to making your arguments appear valid. Furthermore, it is not that "we don't see" but that your posts are truly irrelevant. For all their length, they prove nothing. Lest you can make a post of yours literally preform a miracle, they can never prove a thing. Just because you cite what you believe to be the collaboration of all truth does not make your words (or Gods words as you would like to correct me) inerrant to all readers.

Because you do not understand, does not make it a lie.
Though a man believe a lie, the truth remains.

Quote:

Consider us "worned".

I have not worned any of you of anything.

Harry Carey:

Quote:

Again with the speaking in riddles. What you mean is that your belief is that we are all going to Hell because of the way we think. If I were to take this quote at face value I would assume that you warn everyone who smokes that it could kill them eventually, everybody who eats fast food that if they eat nothing but that for a month they will die, and everyone who uses Sweet and Low that according to the state of California it causes cancer.

My belief is not that you will die because of what you think. God made everyone of us all different. I do not know any scripture, that says, thou shalt not smoke. The bible never said using drugs is a sin. What you choose to eat for dinner is your business. God gave us meat, and wine to drink, and eat. It is not a sin to eat, or drink. God gives you your meat, and your drink.

This stuff about caner is Science. Not God. It is science that is telling you to not smoke, and to not eat fast foods.

Quote:

Out of context scripture is lying. Or are you saying that you are God?

No sir! What I said is quoted out of the HolyBible. So if you say those words is giving chritians a bad name, it is God you are accusing.

Quote:

Which is completely besides the point, unless you are claiming to be God!

No sir! I am not God, and I am not a crazy man.

Quote:

So let me get this straight: the reason your grammar looks bad to me is because you have just personally damned me? Are you telling me that you are God?

I have damned no man! And no sir! I am not God, but one of his children.
It is God that Judges.

Quote:

How old are you?
Does your church have a website?

I am a 29 year old male.

I belong to Jesus, Jesus is the head of the church. And his Father his head over him.

I will give you a website, http://www.demonbuster.com/

Quote:

I am interested in how someone could be as confused as you. I do not wish to publicly deride you, but you are inviting it on yourself.

You have said yourself, that it is you that does not understand.

Jeff Bernard
Member #6,698
December 2005

Quote:

Quote:

Consider us "worned".

I have not worned any of you of anything.

He was poking fun at your miss-use of a word.

'Worn' can either mean overused or be used as the past participle of the verb to wear.
The word you were looking for was 'warn'.

--
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Quote:

They just never actually say anything worth considering.

That's because you're closed to it.

Quote:

Either way, I don't think he's capable of having this debate with us.

Hardly anybody here is capable of having a debate on anything. Any type of debate on a.cc quickly degenerates into a flameware about God, Gentoo, and IRC.

Quote:

I have no right to Judge another's servant.

Yes you do. As a Christian, nothing forbids you from judging. The verse "judge not lest you be judged" means more along the lines of not being a hypocrite and not judging others for something you are doing and would be judged back against.

On that note, you do seem to be doing an awful lot of judging and damnation despite what you say, such as referring to people as children of the devil and such.

Quote:

My belief is not that you will die because of what you think. God made everyone of us all different. I do not know any scripture, that says, thou shalt not smoke. The bible never said using drugs is a sin. What you choose to eat for dinner is your business. God gave us meat, and wine to drink, and eat. It is not a sin to eat, or drink. God gives you your meat, and your drink.

This stuff about caner is Science. Not God. It is science that is telling you to not smoke, and to not eat fast foods.

If you go by the Old Testament, it talks about treating your body as a temple of God and keeping it pure, which rules out smoking/whatever. Also, the Old Testament refers to not eating red meat as well.

Quote:

No sir! What I said is quoted out of the HolyBible. So if you say those words is giving chritians a bad name, it is God you are accusing.

What he means is that when people just keep quoting scripture and never explaining it or saying anything new, people think down on Christians.

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

Quote:

'Worn' can either mean overused or be used as the past participle of the verb to wear. The word you were looking for was 'warn'.

That you Sir, I understand that it can be very hard to read sentiences. When the wrong words are used, and the correct words are misspelled.

I am learning everyday. I think it is because I pronounce words differently than they would read.

When I read 'Worn' I read what I speak, when I read 'warn', I find a knew way of pronouncing. Reading is easier for me than writing.

Quote:

Yes you do. As a Christian, nothing forbids you from judging. The verse "judge not lest you be judged" means more along the lines of not being a hypocrite and not judging others for something you are doing and would be judged back against. On that note, you do seem to be doing an awful lot of judging and damnation despite what you say, such as referring to people as children of the devil and such.

It is discernment, not judging.

It says, "Who are you to judge another's servant.". Besides the scripture that says, "judge not lest you be judged.".

Quote:

If you go by the Old Testament, it talks about treating your body as a temple of God and keeping it pure, which rules out smoking/whatever. Also, the Old Testament refers to not eating red meat as well.

You are correct.

Quote:

What he means is that when people just keep quoting scripture and never explaining it or saying anything new, people think down on Christians.

Ask your questions about it. I am not a mind reader. I do not know when you understand, and do not understand.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

chris27wjoyner you very good with number for a 5th grader you will even surpass (if you haven't already) some of the old heads on allegro. God will guild you to a path of greatness i am also Christians. Keep your faith never lost faith with the gain of knowledge. Many have done so and it will lead them down a path of destruction.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I am also Christian. I personally am not trying to talk him down or discourage or artiest-ify him or anything, just trying to keep the thread degeneration to a minimum.

I'm surprised we haven't heard from some our most prevalent anti-social anti-Gentoo threadcrapper yet.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

It has been written that one day with Gentoo is like a thousand days with Windows.

Quote:

He obviously belongs to a very extreme pentecostal / charismatic group. I'm sure they all have prophesies, speak in tongues, roll around on the floor laughing out loud (or barking like dogs), etc.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Onewing's level of sociological understanding surprises me every time. This man is pretty powerful

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

chris27wjoyner
Member #9,335
December 2007

Quote:

Yes you do. As a Christian, nothing forbids you from judging. The verse "judge not lest you be judged" means more along the lines of not being a hypocrite and not judging others for something you are doing and would be judged back against.
On that note, you do seem to be doing an awful lot of judging and damnation despite what you say, such as referring to people as children of the devil and such.

It says, "Who are you to judge another's servant.". Besides the scripture that says, "judge not lest you be judged.".

Quote:

You are correct.

Quote:

Ask your questions about it. I am not a mind reader.

piccolo:

Quote:

Keep your faith never lost faith with the gain of knowledge. Many have done so and it will lead them down a path of destruction.

Jesus said, that ounce your faith is estiblished in him, it will stay estiblished forever.

Quote:

very good with number for a 5th grader you will even surpass (if you haven't already) some of the old heads on allegro.

What do you mean by 'number'?

Matthew Leverton:

Quote:

He obviously belongs to a very extreme pentecostal / charismatic group. I'm sure they all have prophesies, speak in tongues, roll around on the floor laughing out loud (or barking like dogs), etc.

I know this post was not to me, but I just want to ask you a question Mr Leverton. How is it possible Mr Leverton to speak in another language, when you have never studied it? Just suddenly in a moment, speaking another language?

Quote:

16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

If you're referring to Pentecost, then it's only miraculous that the apostles were able to speak in real, foreign languages that the respective people could understand.

If you're referring to the general gibberish of speaking random words, then anyone can do that. All you have to do is be given to emotions or alcohol. It has been written that the pagans at Corinth did it in the 1st century. That's probably where the Christian church there got the idea.

Regarding the verses you quoted, it is written just after them that:

Quote:

15. He said to them, [the Eleven Apostles]...

20. Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

So they confirmed what he spoke to them. He didn't tell me or you that, so we don't have to confirm anything. It's already been done.

Go to: