Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Allegro.txt being silly -- 4.2.1

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Allegro.txt being silly -- 4.2.1
Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

Line 5544: "draw_h_sprite" -- should be "draw_sprite_h_flip" ...

Dunno how to edit the txi/cvs/etc... so if someone is doing an update soon to that branch fix it, or if it still says that in 4.3 (I know nothing about 4.3, oh well) and you're doing an update soon, fix it. kthx. ;D

blah.

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

Fixed.

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

I noticed something else just now, decided not to open a new thread since this one is still open:

Line 5938:destroy_font(bmp); should be: destroy_font(myfont);

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

Fixed, thanks.

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

This next one confuses me:

Line 5976 said:

FONT *is_compatible_font(FONT *f1, FONT *f2)
This function compares the two fonts, which you can use to find out if
Allegro is capable of merging them.

Returns TRUE if the two fonts are of the same general type (both are color
fonts or both are monochrome fonts, for instance).

It says it returns TRUE, which would imply it returns a boolean TRUE/FALSE... but it's in the form of a pointer? That has to be wrong... I'm guessing it's an int.

font.h said:

AL_FUNC(int, is_compatible_font, (FONT *f1, FONT *f2));

Right so that should be an int.

Wow, ML's manual is wrong too... click on "is_compatible_font".

;D EDIT: Just let me know if this get's annoying, and I'll stop.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Thanks, fixed.

Quote:

Wow, ML's manual is wrong too... click on "is_compatible_font".

There is currently no such thing as ML's manual, he just uses the official docs and formats them in a nicer way.

Quote:

EDIT: Just let me know if this get's annoying, and I'll stop.

Of course not, it's very much appreciated. But maybe you want to get SVN and create proper patches, makes applying things easier :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

SVN kind of scares me, if I try to learn it, expect me to horribly corrupt something beyond repair that I somehow didn't even have permission to muck with in the first place. Oh, and don't forget to expect about a dozen off-topic threads spawned by me going "HELP, I'M A NUBE, LEARN SVN TO ME, PLZ, KTHXBYE"... 8-)

Oh, and if you counter that, don't worry, I have like 15 more excuses not to do it myself. 8-)

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Well, you don't have to be afraid of that for two reasons:

1. Subversion is really easy. The official subversion book is completely online. For windows I recommend starting by getting TortoiseSVN, which is a nice GUI frontend that integrates with the shell.

2. You don't have write access to the repository, only the core allegro developers do. At the moment, all you can do is get the source from the repository, make local changes and create a "diff", a small file that contains only the changes you made, which you can then email to one of the developers.

Of course as you get more comfortable with svn you may request direct write access.

Go to: