Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Show love!

Credits go to 23yrold3yrold, Archon, Avenger, BAF, Bob, Bruce Perry, Ceagon Xylas, CGamesPlay, crazy_k, Dennis, FMC, gnolam, Goalie Ca, GullRaDriel, HardTranceFan, HoHo, Inphernic, ixilom, Jakub Wasilewski, Johan Halmén, Karadoc ~~, Kibiz0r, Kikaru, le_y_mistar, LennyLen, madpenguin, manjula, Matt Smith, Matt Weir, Matthew Leverton, MiquelFire, miran, Mokkan, nonnus29, OICW, Onewing, Paul whoknows, Rampage, randilyn, ReyBrujo, Richard Phipps, Ron Ofir, Samuel Henderson, Sevalecan, SonShadowCat, Steve Terry, Steve++, Thomas Fjellstrom, and Trezker for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Show love!
wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Oooh, I'm on Gnolam's ignore list! 8-) This is exciting...

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

There's no better way to show love than giving cookies. :-*

-R

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

There was a thread about a.cc user statistics. How about a list of who has got most cookies. And to whom each member has given most cookies. And a cross reference table, that would reveal secret lovers (a has given most cookies to b and vice versa).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Your are a spying nazi !

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Wasn't the point of this thread to show love, not just state it? ::)

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

And then we just went off into posters that haven't been here in a while. Still, stayed more on-topic than any other thread in this forum for a while.

Mmmmm .... cookies ....

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Where's the love for Shawn Hargreaves?

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Can't spell his name, didn't want to chance a typo ....

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Yes we forgot about our progenitor - Shawn Hargreaves (if there's a typo, it's not my fault, I was dirty and copied it from the manual...). Though I swear I saw him around here in a recent time (three or so months). Anyone knows what he's doing now?

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

Anyone knows what he's doing now?

Most likely working on XNA or on a vacation ;D

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

What ever happened to Korval, by the way? Did anyone ever hear anything from him?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

What ever happened to Korval, by the way?

He ran away once people started asking him to rename AllegroPro.

Quote:

Did anyone ever hear anything from him?

Apparently he's still active on other forums.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I know about the whole AllegoPro ordeal. I was wondering beyond that. :P

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

There is nothing beyond that, least not relating to allegro or this forum :P

--

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I thought of another person I should add to my list: Goodbytes. Without Goodbytes I probably would have stumbled across SDL before hearing of allegro. ;D

Sadly Goodbytes is too involved with his post secondary education to poke around these parts much.

Also, I seem to remember Aybabtu as a pretty avid poster who helped me out a few times. I wonder what happened to him/her?

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

My Korval is too big..

--

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Falukorval ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Aybabtu

Ah, now there's one I genuinely forgot. And if we're gonna mention spoon .... anyone remember m*ngles? :)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I remember Plucky, a smart allegator. There was Rally Monkey too, he was very fun.

Also: do any of you have fond memories of Death Gauge? :P

-R

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

No, but he's still on IRC, so he isn't gone.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

bamccaig said:

Apparently wearetheborg gave me special attention. 8-)

...I'll be fine. :'(

It's called tough love! 8-)

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

This thread has 188 smilies in it :-X

http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/592103

[edit]
Make that 189

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001