Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Show love!

Credits go to 23yrold3yrold, Archon, Avenger, BAF, Bob, Bruce Perry, Ceagon Xylas, CGamesPlay, crazy_k, Dennis, FMC, gnolam, Goalie Ca, GullRaDriel, HardTranceFan, HoHo, Inphernic, ixilom, Jakub Wasilewski, Johan Halmén, Karadoc ~~, Kibiz0r, Kikaru, le_y_mistar, LennyLen, madpenguin, manjula, Matt Smith, Matt Weir, Matthew Leverton, MiquelFire, miran, Mokkan, nonnus29, OICW, Onewing, Paul whoknows, Rampage, randilyn, ReyBrujo, Richard Phipps, Ron Ofir, Samuel Henderson, Sevalecan, SonShadowCat, Steve Terry, Steve++, Thomas Fjellstrom, and Trezker for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Show love!
SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

You're liked even less than I am? I kid of course.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Samuel Henderson is my favorite. He introduced me to Allegro and I know him outside of A.cc. :)

Matthew Leverton is pretty cool... :)

I like most of A.cc. Some names of people that I like are Bruce Perry, CGamesPlay, jhuuskon, Kibiz0r, LennyLen, miran, Onewing, relay01, and Thomas Fjellstrom. If I didn't name you either you haven't been showing up often enough to stand out or you've been a jerk. :P

(There's also the possibility that it's been a while since I've seen your name)

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

BaMcAiG said:

Matthew Leverton is pretty cool... :)

Bean !

;D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

madpenguin
Member #2,201
April 2002

Bob, for creating AllegroGL and helping me out with OpenGL newbie questions, among many, many other things.

George Foot for quickly putting together a working GP2x port of Allegro together.

Matthew Leverton for putting this site and these forums up in the first place.

Bruce Perry and Steve Terry (and other contributors!) for DUMB.

Everyone else for keeping me motivated and reminding me that not all games are rehashed for-profit crap made by the minions of some soulless multinational.

---------------------------------------------
Cynicism field generator is enabled and operating at 97% of capacity

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

If I didn't name you either you haven't been showing up often enough for me to remember your name or you've been a jerk.

I've been a jerk? ;D

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Quote:

Where's my love?

Oops, forgot it. If I go to the store, I'll pick some up. Creamy or chunky?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Quote:

I like most of A.cc. Some names of people that I like are CGamesPlay, jhuuskon, Kibiz0r, LennyLen, miran, Onewing, relay01, and Thomas Fjellstrom. If I didn't name you either you haven't been showing up often enough to stand out or you've been a jerk. :P

Quote:

I've been a jerk? ;D

Well, you haven't but apparently I've been. Either that or I have to start spamm^H^H^H^H^Hposting more to get bamccaig to notice me. ;D

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

BAF said:

Well, you haven't but apparently I've been. Either that or I have to start spamm^H^H^H^H^Hposting more to get bamccaig to notice me. ;D

Hmmm, I can't remember now... When I first posted that I thought you were on the jerk list... Now I'm feeling forgiving again (probably because I forget why you were on the jerk list). ;D BAF is cool too (my subconscious wants to add "usually" to that, but I can't remember why...).

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

BAF is cool. He's been on my MSN list for at least 2 years now. I remember him helping me out with building a map engine long ago... Good times.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Dennis said:

Does it not also make some people(me for example:'([/emo]) cry if they are not mentioned by anyone in their list of loved ones? The more I think about it, the more I feel that "making a list of people you like/love" is a very unnatural and artificial/cold thing to do.

Me too! :'(

Rampage said:

I like those guys who make fun of the other guys, the female members and those who have at least one game in The Depot. :-*

I make an exception for Bruce Perry, who I might or like or dislike. :-X

What's special about little me? :o :-*

No one said:

Anyway ...

I love Inphernic. :-*

And I'll have you know, manjula, that she isn't Japanese.

I also love Tomasu, madpenguin, randilyn, bamccaig and CGamesPlay :D and I lurrrrrve crazy_k :-*

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

randilyn
Member #7,563
July 2006

Bruce Perry is awesome.
KittyCat is also awesome.

However, they are awesome for far too many reasons for me to actually list. Plus I'm just a lazy fox. ;p

crazy_k
Member #1,978
March 2002

Love you too Ben! :-*

---
<3

Ron Ofir
Member #2,357
May 2002

Wow, crazy_k?! Now all we need is spellcaster and nicole to come back and it's like in ye olde days!

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Wow, a fellow Estonian of whom I didn't know about :o
It is a small world :)

[edit]
And at the moment we are the closest living a.cc members ;D

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

I like milk.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Sadly, Spellcaster is lost in the mists of time. :'(

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

No, he's just playing WoW... ::)

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Exactly!

He must have wasted away by now and need special health support.. :(

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Yaay ;D I like you too then :D

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Bruce Perry said:

What's special about little me? :o :-*

You like bamccaig. :P

-R

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Oh come on guys, Heatley needs some love! All the other people I can remember have already been mentioned in the thread.

So, if you've ever made an impression on me strong enough for me to remember you right now, I will put your name here (unless I don't love you >:()... That means you're loved! Not ordered, of course.

Jakub Wasilewski, kibiz0r, Onewing, 23yrold3yrold, BAF, Ron Ohir, William Heatley, Ben Davis (anybody but crazy_k remember this guy?), DanTehKat (god rest his soul :'(), spellcaster (another one lost to memories), Krzysztof Kluckzek, Hoho, Thomas Fjellstrom, Bob, Matthew Leverton, Archon, Kitty Cat, Evert...

I'm sure there are more, but I'm done naming ;)

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

Evert

Now, what happenned to him? I'm not inclined to believe he succumbed to WoW, but I rarely see him around anymore...

Anyway, I appreciate most of the people here and most of them have helped me in some way at least once. Special love goes to people organizing all the fun hacks and compos and people who write all the helpful posts in Programming Questions to maintain our good image :).

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Quote:

DanTehKat (god rest his soul :'()

Did he die? I haven't been around as much as I used to so I don't know....

Go to: