Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Show love!

Credits go to 23yrold3yrold, Archon, Avenger, BAF, Bob, Bruce Perry, Ceagon Xylas, CGamesPlay, crazy_k, Dennis, FMC, gnolam, Goalie Ca, GullRaDriel, HardTranceFan, HoHo, Inphernic, ixilom, Jakub Wasilewski, Johan Halmén, Karadoc ~~, Kibiz0r, Kikaru, le_y_mistar, LennyLen, madpenguin, manjula, Matt Smith, Matt Weir, Matthew Leverton, MiquelFire, miran, Mokkan, nonnus29, OICW, Onewing, Paul whoknows, Rampage, randilyn, ReyBrujo, Richard Phipps, Ron Ofir, Samuel Henderson, Sevalecan, SonShadowCat, Steve Terry, Steve++, Thomas Fjellstrom, and Trezker for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Show love!
wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Who do you appreciate on a.cc? Why?

Post about your favourite a.cc members on this thread. Don't post about your least favourite ones though, because it might make some people cry, ok? :-X

I'll go first \o/
Onewing is one of my favourite a.cc members... Good sense of humour, seems like someone you'd actually want to meet in real life.
I also like piccolo because... Well, do I really need to explain??
Richard Phipps has a special place in my heart, but only when he's not acting pervy.
Last but not least... Matthew Leverton! Very nice guy once you get to know him ;)

Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

Let's see...

Thomas Fjellstrom, cuz he knows like everything.
X-G, because he's hilarious.
Archon, because you can't not like Archon.
Kibiz0r, because his posts are thoughtful.
BAF, just because.
KittyCat, my fellow Washingtonian.
ReyBrujo, because he's like a big cuddly teddy bear.

:-*

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I love you all! What would I ever do without you guys?!

Yay, Mokkan loves me! :-*

ixilom
Member #7,167
April 2006

I love myself, I just use those who know more/better than me 8-)

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Where's the love for miran? He's helped so many people...

X-G, gnolam and company usually come off as pretty strong, but that's just because they usually are speaking the blatant truth. It's amazing how funny the truth can be. They also have a lot of their own jargon that I can't follow, but rather laugh at like I'm a ditzy, blonde teenage girl. Hmmm, that's the last time I compare myself to one of those...much rather be a teenage mutant ninja turtle. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, Richard Phipps, Johan Peitz, BAF, CGamesPlay, Matthew Leverton, etc. They all have such distinguishing characteristics that really makes this forum feel like Cheers (you know, where everybody know's your avatar?).

Quote:

Onewing is one of my favourite a.cc members... Good sense of humour, seems like someone you'd actually want to meet in real life.

Thanks. :D I'm completely useless in real life though. I get embarrassed too easily, I really have no idea why. I can pretend like I'm a social butterfly when I get cornered into certain outings, but I always get uncomfortable. Geez, this is awkward, let's talk about ditzy, blonde teenage girls again...

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

Thomas Fjellstrom, cuz he knows like everything.

Wow. I'm touched ;D

Matthew Leverton because he runs this site
Matt Smith cause hes cool. Old Skool style.
KittyCat cause, well... Um... I'm not sure :o
Anyone Who's released a commercial game of some form (cause you rock!)
Elias, Evert, and Peter cause they are core devs
And more that I can't recall atm! (edit: like 23yrold, entheh, Bob)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

I love you all! What would I ever do without you guys?!

:D I just did what Johan Halmen's sig suggests. Nice though.

I don't like pointing to specific people, I like the community as the whole. Though I'd second Onewing about that nordic company (X-G, gnolam, Inphernic and others) for their sense of humour. Also various others of you have good sense of humour and that's why I like this community.

Quote:

seems like someone you'd actually want to meet in real life.

Which reminds me one of my crazy dreams - fly over Atlantic to the east coast, grab a car there and drive all the way to the west coast stopping at notable places and a.cc member's homes.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I hate everybody! Some of you I hate a little less though.

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

wearetheborg said:

Show love! Who do you appreciate on a.cc? Why?
Post about your favourite a.cc members on this thread.

For some reason I am completely incompetent when it comes to showing love to people or to build up any kind of close personal relationship with individuals. Everything I could say or write would feel artificial and unreal to me and the people being addressed would notice that too.

I appreciate the community as a whole, because it makes me feel good to see the familiar names and avatars every day. It gives me some strange feeling of home to come here and read what everyone has to say about certain topics(even though it's getting predictable sometimes, as the same topics keep coming up frequently).

wearetheborg said:

Don't post about your least favourite ones though, because it might make some people cry, ok? :-X

Does it not also make some people(me for example:'([/emo]) cry if they are not mentioned by anyone in their list of loved ones? The more I think about it, the more I feel that "making a list of people you like/love" is a very unnatural and artificial/cold thing to do.

[edit]P.S.: Hehe, LennyLen is way better at explaining what I probably tried(I don't know myself)to say and with a lot less words, too.

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

Archon, because you can't not like Archon.

It doesn't seem like love (in IRC)! :-X

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Eek, I don't really want to single anyone out. I don't think I even slightly dislike anyone on here. Got a giant list I can copy and paste?

[started to make a list here, but got exasperated at not being able to list everyone...]

Also, this made my day.

Quote:

Kibiz0r, because his posts are thoughtful.

X-G and gnolam, because they remind me of Dr. House (in a good way)
bamccaig (seriously), because he stirs things up at least
Onewing, because he's just all-around good
ReyBrujo, because he's like a ninja with assistance, who steps out from the shadows and launches a throwing star of truth straight into your face
Thomas Harte, because I can't recall any specific reasons, but he stuck out in my mind for some reason
Miran, because thinking that game programming geeks can give good advice on women is one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed
Trezker, because without him I wouldn't know about ZoidCom, and he posts on the Machinae Supremacy forum 8-)
CGamesPlay, for MinorHack
Jakub Wasilewski, for always having spectacular entries for MinorHack

And everyone that participates in MinorHack and doesn't just copy an already-existing game.

That's not everyone, but it's late/early, and my mind is fried. (friend-induced insomnia)

Also, LennyLen because of below.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I'm a Finnish hetero male. I simply cannot admit I love anyone of you. Even if I do would :-X

Well, there are always Diana and Manjula. But I'm happily married.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Does it not also make some people(me for example[/emo]) cry if they are not mentioned by anyone in their list of loved ones?

It can. A similar thread appeared on another forum I visit a month or two ago, and it ended up sparking a slew of "why do you all hate me" posts.

I think most of the members here are a bit more mature than those of that forum though, so hopefully most of us can take it. :)

(That being said, everyone who hasn't mentioned me is going on a hitlist, and you're all going to die painful, tortured deaths. The last thing you'll hear is my maniacal laughter)

Quote:

Well, there are always Diana and Manjula. But I'm happily married.

There are ways of being even more happily married. ;)

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

If only for the merit of the above post, I append LennyLen to my list.

Totally off-topic:
Why has the front page poll not changed in...forever?

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

That being said, everyone who hasn't mentioned me is going on a hitlist, and you're all going to die painful, tortured deaths. The last thing you'll hear is my maniacal laughter

It's ok guys! If LennyLen were to attack you, he would be compelled to do the haka before attacking - that gives you the chance to shoot him before he can do any harm!

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

See, threats do work! :)

edit: If I attempted to do a Haka, that would be torture enough, I think.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Quote:

Why has the front page poll not changed in...forever?

If there's nothing wrong with it, don't fix it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Ceagon Xylas
Member #5,495
February 2005

Miran for his code writing ability. MASkinG is wonderful.
X-G because he always sounds really pissed but really right. Plus he's a fantastic game and graphics designer.
And BAF amazes me because he's young and extremely smart.

There's my lovin'.

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

I just secretly want X-G's babies ;D

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

DEAR GOD NO! :o

...ahem. My brain is also fried, and I think I let the oil get to hot, so it still won't taste very good... darn. :(

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Dennis said:

Does it not also make some people(me for example:'([/emo]) cry if they are not mentioned by anyone in their list of loved ones? The more I think about it, the more I feel that "making a list of people you like/love" is a very unnatural and artificial/cold thing to do.

Well, it's not supposed to be a list of people you love... Just people you appreciate!

I appreciate Dennis because his posts in relationship threads are full of insight.
Manjula and le_y_mister are my favouritest a.cc members of all because they are so damn cool, and their level of awesomeness is awesome.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

IM LEAVING A.CC BCUZ ONLY 3 PPL LUV ME!!!![/emo]

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

Manjula and le_y_mister are my favouritest a.cc members of all because they are so damn cool, and their level of awesomeness is awesome.

Care to elaborate? (If they are really awesome then you should be able to say a lot).

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

They are freakin' legends!

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

of course, my favouritess are wearetheborg and manjula.

the other favourites are the oldies from back in the day before i got banned:

Thomas F.
Thomas H.
Mr Proganism: William H.

onewing is a pretty funny character.

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

Go to: