Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » TINS 07 Countdown

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
TINS 07 Countdown
Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

So, according to here, TINS is currently only 1 day 8 hours away. Just thought I'd make a thread about it, because there's not a whole lot of TINS chatter going on at the moment, heh. So is everyone that's participating ready?

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

because there's not a whole lot of TINS chatter going on at the moment

I know, it's almost...eerie.

This is going to be a weird compo for me. Huge amounts of time are already blocked out, giving me far less than 72 hours. However, I think a winning TINS title is not something that can be made in 72 hours, but more like 20 hours. I'm going to try to get my sleeping schedule a little more normalized for the event.

I have been working on a game pretty heavily all of March. I was hoping to release it this past Monday, but a few zits popped up and I decided to delay it a week to get its face washed.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Damn it, I just caught the flu. I don't think I'll make it this time. Well, my games never win anything...

-R

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I've already written my game. Now I just need to make it conform to the rules.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I was going to call you a cheater, but then I read the rules. Oh, what a fool I have been!

-R

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

I got kicked in the head at football yesterday. I think I might have had a minor concussion. I don't think anything is broken but I have a black eye and my whole head hurts like hell and I'm a little dizzy all the time. Also I just got a tiny little programming job with the due date on sunday. I'll still try to make something for TINS though. This is going to be a very interesting weekend.

--
sig used to be here

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

I got kicked in the head at football yesterday. I think I might have had a minor concussion.

Of course you're going to go to the doctor if you start throwing up? When I had concussion, after falling down some stairs on an icy day, the "adult head injuries" booklet I was given by a doctor suggested that medical attention would follow if I threw up 5 or more times, otherwise no treatment was required. Very odd.

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

I do feel a little nauseous but I didn't throw up, so I guess I'll be OK.

--
sig used to be here

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

We have a live countdown in #allegro-tins on Freenode!

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Blah, bump!

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

News is hard.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Quote:

I do feel a little nauseous but I didn't throw up, so I guess I'll be OK.

If you still feel nauseous two or three days after the injury I would at least talk to the hospital staff and get their advice. I'm not implying we're not doctors here at A.cc, but it can be good to get a second opinion.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

News is hard.

I don't particularly like it as an art rule, but meh. I think I've decided on what I want to do. Afterwards, I went to news.google.com and searched for the base theme and found a topic on March 13th, 2007, which will give me a setting and a background story, so I think I'm good here. Of course, I won't place high on this category, especially since it isn't world news.

------------

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

It's all good, except for the news part. I might make a very very simple game about burning garbage and then shoehorn some news.

-R

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Hm. I may be completely effed. I'm at my university right now, about to head home. If you don't hear from me, I'm still without internet access.

If I don't have internet, I'm just not going to participate. I have a bunch of homework I need to catch up on, and I haven't seen 300 on IMAX yet...

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

You can still participate and upload on monday from your university. :P

You don't need internet to participate at all.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I'd like to propose a convention for this year's speedhack:

set_config_file("../speedhack.ini");
int width = get_config_int("graphics", "width", 640);
int height = get_config_int("graphics", "height", 480);
int card = get_config_id("graphics", "card", GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED);
int depth = get_config_int("graphics", "depth", 32);

Modify width and height to be in range for your application of course.

Just a little thing that could make the games easier to playtest.

[edit]
Switch to get_config_id.

--

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Well, I have internet!
Now it's time to ignore obligations and make games!

Just got down to business and the requirements are kicking my ass so far; need to think for a while.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

I've already got my own config routine. How 'bout we just make it convention to have the above avaible in a .ini file of some sort?

------------

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

That defeats the purpose of setting it once for each application all the games. If you want to use your own config file:

override_config_file("../speedhack.ini");
int width = get_config_int("graphics", "width", 640);
int height = get_config_int("graphics", "height", 480);
int card = get_config_id("graphics", "card", GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED);
int depth = get_config_int("graphics", "depth", 32);
override_config_file(NULL);

--

Albin Engström
Member #8,110
December 2006

Oh yeah! this is what i need, when is it starting? in 3 hours rigth? (i hope) i'm very bad with GMT and stuff... btw: BAF, are you starting know? and nice list of 93 processes ;D.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

BAF and I have a Monkey Island type game planned :)

--

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Doesn't this assume that all games are going to be intended for the same kind of resolution? That seems rather... wrong.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

It started quite a while (6 or 7 hours ago), but I convinced a guy to join about 30 minutes ago, so...join!

------------

Albin Engström
Member #8,110
December 2006

CgamesPlay said:

BAF and I have a Monkey Island type game planned :)

nice :P.

Onewing said:

It started quite a while (6 or 7 hours ago), but I convinced a guy to join about 30 minutes ago, so...join!

><!. but i'm joining anyway!

1   2   3 

Go to: