Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Post a weird fact about you..........

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Post a weird fact about you..........
ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Quote:

I suppose I should make a quick list of things I can hear on a regular basis:

Street Lights, Incandescent Lights (barely), Fluorescent Lights, CRT Monitors (VERY well), LCD Monitors (barely), dimmer switches (the closer to off, the louder they are), Neon Lights (VERY well), Toasters, Power/Telephone Lines, Power Transformers (VERY well).

Also, if I turn my back to a CRT monitor, I can tell what colours are being displayed by the tone I hear. If the tone sounds flat, the colours are mostly uniform. If the tone is distorted, there's a lot of colour differences. (Like white text on a black screen.) Blue guns sound the highest pitched to me, followed by red, then green. I hear a white screen the best and a black screen the worst.

I think it's not the electricity I hear, but rather electrical resistance. The more fluctuations in power a device has, or the more power is being resisted, the easier it is for me to hear it.

And I almost forgot. I have pointed ears. (Not Vulcan ears, but rather, there are specks of extra cartilage protruding horizontally from each of my ears, thus making the edges look a little rugged.)

I can hear all the ones you marked as "hear well" as well as most of the ones you can hear regularly. I can hear different pitches from CRTs based off the colors on the screen but I never figured out the pattern to it, good to know! (well ok only kind of good to know)

Quote:

Menstruating is not weird. It's perfectly natural!

... Hence why we think women are weird.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

I know, I just don't want to hear about it, particularly form manjula. :-[

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

I've become nicer to internets.

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

manjula said:

I have my period.

I feel your pain, sistah.

Umm, weird(ish) fact: I started to grow breasts when I was young. It lasted a few months, and can occur in young males.

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Kikaru said:

I know, I just don't want to hear about it, particularly form manjula.

Why not?

I would never date a man who didn't accept and embrace the period.

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Embrace? Yeauch. That conjures up some pretty gross images. Accept it, yes, but I don't particularly want to touch it.

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

By embracing it, I meant that if anything, a man should help a woman feel good about her period. That can be done emotionally or physically (yes - there are men who would have sex with a menstruating woman gasp).
Some men are disgusted by the period, and frankly I find that disgusting.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Quote:

Would you enjoy the site of a penis if you knew it bled red tissue once a month?

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

When I first read that, I took it that you mean any man finding the physical result of a period disgusting.

But I now think you mean men who find the notion of a period disgusting, as though it should not be that way.

Quote:

(yes - there are men who would have sex with a menstruating woman gasp).

This hails the origins of the drink "a Bloody Mary" ;)

Menstuation is a fact of life for most women. Men should accept that. Period. (Oh, what a delightfully bad pun ;D)

--

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

I am not asking men to enjoy something unnatural. But more to the point, I am not saying that men should even enjoy the period, they should just embrace it. How? Well the answer is in my previous post. You guys know what you're in for from the get go... Why reject something that is essential to womanhood?
You are asking me if I would enjoy something unnatural. To answer your question, I wouldn't enjoy it because I'd be extremely worried.

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

Volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes and floods are are natural, should we enjoy those as well?

Accept it, of course, it would be quite foolish to try to deny the unavoidable truth, but why would you want someone to embrace and enjoy the fact that you, as it was so eloquently put, "bled red tissue once a month"? It is basically equivalent to asking someone to embrace and enjoy feces because it is natural. Yes, it is a natural and unavoidable process, but it is one of those processes which just about everyone would be happier if life could go on without it in some magical way.

Myrdos
Member #1,772
December 2001

I've had insomnia for about 10 years. Is that weird? But then, insomnia seems to be common among McCallums.

Some of the best exams I've ever written were done on three hours' sleep. I may not have been able to read the questions, but by God! did I ever know the answers.;D

bamccaig: Yes, that's compulsive behaviour. From the wikipedia:

Quote:

The typical OCD sufferer performs tasks (or compulsions) to seek relief from obsession-related anxiety. To others, these tasks may appear odd and unnecessary. But for the sufferer, such tasks can feel critically important, and must be performed in particular ways to ward off dire consequences and to stop the stress from building up. Examples of these tasks: repeatedly checking that one's parked car has been locked before leaving it; turning lights on and off a set number of times before exiting a room; repeatedly washing hands at regular intervals throughout the day.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Quote:

Volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes and floods are are natural, should we enjoy those as well?

Hehehe, that's completely off topic. I am specifically talking about womanhood and women's sexuality.

Quote:

It is basically equivalent to asking someone to embrace and enjoy feces because it is natural.

AGAIN, I was talking about womanhood and women's sexuality. I didn't say that you should enjoy everything that is natural, from pimples to feces. I was saying that you should embrace the period (in other words, make the woman feel good about her period) because it is a painful yet meaningful thing we have to experience on a monthly basis.

It seems that you are under the impression that I think that men should enjoy the period. I will have to repeat myself yet again:

I said:

But more to the point, I am not saying that men should even enjoy the period, they should just embrace it.

Guys... Read my posts properly. I feel like I'm at work right now, with all the repeating I have to do. I work with kindergarteners by the way.

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

I feel like I'm at work right now, with all the repeating I have to do. I work with kindergarteners by the way.

That comes as no surprise given the level of immaturity some geeks can display...:-X. I have a project manager like that - repeat, repeat, repeat, and STILL it doesn't sink in with him.

You're using embrace in a figurative way, whereas others here have taken it in a literal and physical sense.

[edit]
Where's Phippsy asking for photos? :-X:P
[/edit]

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Or they are just guys too geeky and wrapped up in themselves to ever get a girlfriend.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

One of the earlier conversations I had with my wife back when we we're "just dating," was her drawing a table of times I should be extra careful what I say around her to times where I should be as close as possible if I wanted to enjoy the finer points of "dating". Since then, I have embraced the period.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

since we're on the topic of sex and things that people should not be disgusted about: I am uncircumcised.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I am covered in moss because I haven't been under the sunlight since 1998. Little red mushrooms with white dots have grown on the moss, and the mushrooms have worms and cockroaches all over them. Whenever I feel hungry, I eat either a mushroom, a cockroach or a worm. I never eat the moss because it would be disgusting.

-R

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Sounds like the inside of my refrigerator.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

wearetheborg #1 said:

I would never date a man who didn't accept and embrace the period.

I don't embrace the period. Oh and you'd probably date me. Looks like your logic has failed :(

Joel Pettersson
Member #4,187
January 2004

My sense of smell is very strong, and I can feel various smells others can't. Though sometimes nifty, most of the time, this is an annoyance, as some of the stuff people use to smell "nice", being designed for the noses of the majority, emitts stenches that they don't feel, but I do. Some deodorant, for example, smells about as nice as a nasty fart. (and not all too differently, no less) Not only that, but walk into a room where it has been sprayed or someone with it "well-applied" is or has recently been, and it won't be long before a bit of the stench sticks to your clothes, following you for some time.

Masses of people are often absolutely bloody disgusting. After some time, the stench gets stuck in your throat and you can "taste" it until you eat or drink something.

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

edit2:

Quote:

It seems that you are under the impression that I think that men should enjoy the period.

But it is a reason for celebration. It means you mastered another level without knocking her up. When she hits menopause wihout ever having had children, you will be remembered forever in the hall of fame of the Ovulation Dodging game.

You don't deserve my sig.

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

But it is a reason for celebration. It means you mastered another level without knocking her up. When she hits menopause wihout ever having had children, you will be remembered forever in the hall of fame of the Ovulation Dodging game.

{"name":"591471","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/6\/2693d6f703f2550c7ca07c144b7c9763.png","w":298,"h":344,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/6\/2693d6f703f2550c7ca07c144b7c9763"}591471

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Mark said:

since we're on the topic of sex and things that people should not be disgusted about: I am uncircumcised.

'uncircumcised' , even if I understand the term, does not seem to be a valid word. Do you mean that you are not circumcised ? As it is natural for all human to be as you I do not see the problem.

I am circumcised, and I think it is better. Less sensitive, more hygienic. Some will try to tell that it is looking better/worse than the natural penis. I do not care.

You know , the most important thing is not the size of the wand, but the magic it can produce ;-p

Now to the period part:

Women always complain about the fact they are having there period, but the day they do not have it anymore they already continue complaining ;-p

;D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I can figure out the guitar chords to a song I've never heard, just by looking at the melody notes, not playing or humming the melody.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Go to: