Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Post a weird fact about you..........

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Post a weird fact about you..........
blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Post a weird fact about yourself...... It can be anything. I'm still trying to figure out one about me but I will sooner or later..........;)

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

My personal record for bathing whilst wearing my socks is 7m 31s. It was set in 1990.

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I am actually made of butter, not flesh and bones like the rest of you.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

.. eww. BAF is fattening...

Anywho, I once broke my clavicle while playing (American) football, and scored two touchdowns afterwards.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

I once set myself on fire with gasoline and no safety measures.

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I practice Danzón.

-R

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

I am actually made of butter, not flesh and bones like the rest of you.

And I am worth 2K monies.

Other weird (and real) facts about me are that I have ankyloglossia (a too short lingual frenulum), meaning I can't poke my tongue out normally. Also, the normal angle of my feet in a relaxed position is angled about 30 degrees outward.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Quote:

Also, the normal angle of my feet in a relaxed position is angled about 30 degrees outward.

My feet are angled slightly inward. Doctor once told me it's called "Pigeon Feet". I don't really have any problems caused by it though.

EDIT: Changed "Chicken Feet" to "Pigeon Feet"

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

I haven't measured any angles, but my feet point outwards too.
I also have a syndrome! \o/

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker
I now have a page and a blog!

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

I once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

I can't aim a pistol with my glasses on (can't focus on the front sight). I've never finished writing a game, and I've been programming for years... though that probably wouldn't be considered uncommon around here :).

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

I play the guitar in a heavy metal band.

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

I once had this disease:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia
It went away however after I stopped stressing out.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

I hate feet... Most people have ugly feet (men in particular).
I also never use public bathrooms, but I don't think that's too weird. I just can't deal with all the smells and the dirt.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

I can destroy planets with just one finger and I train my self like a mad man.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

My feet point outward as well. It's easy to tell my footprints apart from others because of it.

Anyway, my right index finger is slightly shorter than my left index finger because I nearly cut off the tip of it when I was a kid. And I have this weird dent on the back of my head I assume is not even normal.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I have what I consider to be an "obsessive-compulsion". It is not medically confirmed, however.

For example, my family used to have a woodstove with an automatic damper. To 'rev' it, or get it burning well, we would open the ashpan door to allow more air to be pulled in. Whenever I was the last one awake I would check it for the night, go up to bed, lay there for 5 minutes and wonder if I closed the door or that the woodstove was generally safe for the night... And for the sake of not waking up in a fiery blaze, I would go check it again, only to confirm my competence in checking it the first time.

This same "compulsion" as I think of it has led me to reformat an operating system installation days after the original install because a single application failed to install and I'm not sure if ALL of the changes made during the installation were backed out... The system feels unpure to me and it drives me to start from scratch...

I could give a million examples... ::)

EDIT

I can second the public washroom thing. There are rules to be followed in the mens' room, such as "splash-zones" and planned retreat paths (you know, in case a 400 lb ex-con comes in after you straight from a prison release), and many public washrooms just assume guys are comfortable sharing the experiences in them by making urinals 1/2" apart or putting urinals directly beside stalls/sinks... I also do not like washrooms that are not sound proof... When you can hear women in the next room that is a very discomforting thing when you're doing your "business"...

I would appreciate public washrooms designed so that each stall/urinal was contained in a lockable, sound-proof enclosure... ::)

In any case, I generally only use public washrooms when I have to - and usually only when they are otherwise empty.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

I'm at GDC.

I can move my eyes independently. (can't go outside of parallel like a lizard, though)

Uh... I don't like pizza...

The end?

Ceagon Xylas
Member #5,495
February 2005

Never attended a public or private school. Unfortuantely, that's about as weird as I get :P

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I see dead people.

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

Quote:

That's the weirdest thing ever!, thread over.

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Now you are just making things up.

-R

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I just recently hadn't bathed in a month.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

I can't think of anything unusual about me. I'm perfectly normal. What I don't understand though, is why everyone else is so weird. I mean I don't know one single normal person in the whole world. Everyone is just so... I don't know... weird.

--
sig used to be here

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

I'm perfectly normal. What I don't understand though, is why everyone else is so weird.

We are all special, and you aren't. :P

-R

Go to: