Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » LOVE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credits go to CGamesPlay, Matthew Leverton, and Onewing for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
LOVE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Happy Valentine's Day my lovelies! Discuss all your plans for tomorrow/relationship problems/love issues in this thread. I will try my darndest hardest to give good advice to those who need it.

Here's my question to you guys: Would you refuse to celebrate Valentine's Day even if you had a lovely significant other who was into the whole gift giving thing? :'(

ngiacomelli
Member #5,114
October 2004

Quote:

Here's my question to you guys: Would you refuse to celebrate Valentine's Day even if you had a lovely significant other who was into the whole gift giving thing? :'(

I think that Valentine's day is pretty much something special for the ladies, rather than the men. To answer your question: no.

My plans for Valentine's day: I've spent today preparing (read: trying to cook) a nice desert and soup starter from scratch. Tomorrow shall be spent preparing the main course for a nice quiet dinner. Roses, gifts. The usual.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

I have a first date tomorrow. It kind of fell on Valentine's Day by happenstance, it wasn't really a deliberate scheduling.

I figure flowers -> movie -> sex coffee. y/n?

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Here's my question to you guys: Would you refuse to celebrate Valentine's Day even if you had a lovely significant other who was into the whole gift giving thing?

I'm not personally into the whole Valentine's Day thing, but I've never refused to celebrate it with a girl. It's really not worth getting into a fight over.

I'm not looking forward to work tonight. We're fully booked all night, and we're trying to cut down on wage costs at the moment, so we'll be understaffed. Happy Valentine's Day indeed.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I'm going to stop by the store and get a few carnations to give to the girls I see on Wednesdays. Yay! ;D

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Michael Faerber
Member #4,800
July 2004

Hmmm ... this thread comes just right.

You know, there is a girl I would like to get more in contact with, however, I am not sure if she could really become my friend. I know her address, and I thought about visiting her this week by surprise. Do you think that could work?

Also, more in general, what do you do when you see a group of girls standing around and talking to each other, and you want to "get into the group": Do you walk near them, listen what they are talking about and then suddenly contributing something to the topic? I'm really clueless about this one ...

--
"The basic of informatics is Microsoft Office." - An informatics teacher in our school
"Do you know Linux?" "Linux? Isn't that something for visually impaired people?"

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

I know I should get some roses for my gf but I totally despise any special day and she knows this.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

I know her address, and I thought about visiting her this week by surprise. Do you think that could work?

Hahaha, best idea ever!

--

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I'll go get some roses and maybe a teddy bear for my girlfriend later today.

-R

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

Would you refuse to celebrate Valentine's Day even if you had a lovely significant other who was into the whole gift giving thing?

In principle, yes. In practice, probably not.
I might specifically do something the day or week before and announce I'm skipping Valentine's Day.

Quote:

Discuss all your plans for tomorrow

Work. Decide later wether or not to go see a movie in the evening.

Quote:

relationship problems

I don't have one. Other than that, it's fine. No advice you can give there I haven't given myself; just need to meet a nice(*) girl for a change.

(*) ok, I know many girls who are nice. They're just not nice in the special sense.

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Current plans are to get home earlier to spend the evening with a GFWS. Perhaps I can officially drop the "WS" part after that :)

As for the question, I probably wouldn't refuse. It is always nice to make others feel good.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Michael Faerber: Send er a card or roses. Meet her on the street or public place. I think if you go to her place you may appear as a stalker. GL.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Why hate Valentine's Day?

[append]

Quote:

Perhaps I can officially drop the "WS" part after that :)

Now that's the kind of news I like to hear! :)

--

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Quote:

Also, more in general, what do you do when you see a group of girls standing around and talking to each other, and you want to "get into the group": Do you walk near them, listen what they are talking about and then suddenly contributing something to the topic? I'm really clueless about this one ...

You have to think like a predator. Girls travel in packs. You want to strike when one gets separated from the pack. If you go after the pack itself, your hunt will not go well unless you are an experienced predator.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

The answer to the question is yes. I won't celebrate Valentine's day, because someone made that a day when you should go and buy a present to a significant other. If I want to give some present, I'll give it anyday. And I'd explain that to her.

My plan for tommorow is to see my new bed plus other thingies for a room and then play as a miner in our basement to get the garbage out of there.

Besides I must second Evert on that relationship issue.

Edit:

Quote:

That could work. But if you want to speak with a specific girl, it's a bad idea. Trust me, I know it.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I wonder if Chris Katko will post about his Valentine Day with... Amber? Is that her name?

:D

-R

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Yeah it is. Besides we need some update about project Amber... If I recall correctly he hasn't been around here for a time. I wonder what happened to Deathwish. :-[

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

I wonder what happened to Deathwish.

It either became just Death (the wish came true), or project Amber took all the available time.

-R

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Forgot to mention I'll get her some real flower. Not something that will dry in a couple of days but something that grows in a pot :)

relay01
Member #6,988
March 2006

I personally think that valentines day is a lousy commercial scam of a holiday. My girlfriend has said she agrees with me. However I feel she may feel a bit more for the holiday than she lets on to believe. That being said, we will not be getting each other gifts, but I will be taking her out to dinner.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

I personally think that valentines day is a lousy commercial scam of a holiday.

Yeah, but who cares? :-/

--

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

I'm not personally into the whole Valentine's Day thing, but I've never refused to celebrate it with a girl. It's really not worth getting into a fight over.

Ditto :)

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

It's funny, a week or so ago, I was playing with my Wii (;D) whilst me loving wife checked her myspace. A few moments later I turned around to see her typing a post here on a.cc. So, I got a little closer and read what she was planning to post. Something about "ever wonder what your geek is doing?" kind of thread, aimed at the significant others in our lives. Apparently, she's been reading some of my previous posts since I often leave a.cc up when I leave.

I told her it wouldn't make much sense, considering she was posting under my name and that I doubt many other's partners check a.cc. However, perhaps this a thread she'd actually want to give some input on...

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

relay01
Member #6,988
March 2006

if(date_goes_well == TRUE)
  {
    sex++;
  }
else
  happiness--;

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

@relay: Wait...if sex increases, happiness doesn't?

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Go to: