Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » A Mormon President?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
A Mormon President?
Sirocco
Member #88
April 2000

Quote:

Got the economy up

Er, you mean let the economy collapse on the way out.

-->
Graphic file formats used to fascinate me, but now I find them rather satanic.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

Er, you mean let the economy collapse on the way out.

The way I hear it, Bush inherited a climbing economy, and managed to twist it into a total failing economy.

edit, thats not quite what I heard, its really more along the lines that he inherited an economy the best it had been in decades.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Alot of people hold a lot of animosity toward Clinton. I'm not sure exactly why, Watergate, Lewinsky, malodorous breath, etc... But she seems to be the most moderate Dem. She's not advocating a timeline for withdrawing from Iraq for example. I think that's were Obama has screwed up. I think public opinion against the war is very strong, but I also think most people realize pulling out on MM-DD-YYYY would be a bad thing. Plus he's an admitted drug user, pot and cocain. That won't fly with the Right. But on the other hand he has a +5 to charisma.

But the republicans, wow, they've got slim pickings: McCain who's 72? and Romney the Mormon, and Giuliani. Giuliani could be a surprise, but didnt' he have cancer? What if that flares up again? :o

Sirocco
Member #88
April 2000

Quote:

edit, thats not quite what I heard, its really more along the lines that he inherited an economy the best it had been in decades.

The economy was clearly unstable in early 1999 and rather than be proactive Clinton chose to ride the final year out knowing he'd leave office before the damage become apparent. Economic change takes considerable time; Bush inherited a failing economy rather than the other way around. By the time Bush came into office it was impossible to enact any legislation that would stave off the coming recession.

Note: edited for clarity and link fix.

-->
Graphic file formats used to fascinate me, but now I find them rather satanic.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Mormon president? Pfft. Boring!
Now a marmot president on the other hand...

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Quote:

F' that. How about we grow a brain cell or three and decide to stop bouncing between extremes for a moment. Moderate is the way to go.

Extremes? Where?

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Mormon president? Pfft. Boring!

How about a moron president? What? It has been done before? Aww...

In other news: Bob strikes again!

-R

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

How about a marmoset president? There's already a monkey in office, apparantly.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

ABC is airing a special on a polygamist Mormon community right now. ;D

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

marmoset

Today I learned a new word. :D

-R

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

I guess a marmite president is beyond most here?

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

I'd like a marmalade one. Especially if he's grapefruit marmalade.

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Francois Lamini
Member #7,791
September 2006

Polygamy requires a lot of responsibility plus you've got to have a big salary to support all your wives and their children which makes not sense. You can have a lot of sexual partners without being married. To legalize it, I don't think its wrong. Everyone has the right to live the way they feel - that's freedom.

Francois

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Who'd want to have more than one wife? After five minutes I'd tell them to carry on without me.... and keep the noise down.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Who'd want to have more than one wife?

Screw that, I don't even want one.

Kauhiz
Member #4,798
July 2004

Quote:

Screw that, I don't even want one.

Amen to that!

---
It's Ridge Racer! RIIIIIDGE RAAAAACER!

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Q: What's the best way to make your girlfriend gain 100lbs?
A: Marry her.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

LennyLen: What would you feed her? For some of the girls I know, 100lbs would almost duplicate their weight. :o

-R

Kauhiz
Member #4,798
July 2004

Quote:

What would you feed her?

You don't have to feed her. It just happens. It's one of nature's miracles, just like the fact that she can also be bitchy about the weight at the same time.

---

Albin Engström
Member #8,110
December 2006

This makes me think of John Safran vs God Episode 4.. [EXTREME MORMONS]
not that it has so much to do with a Mormon President..

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Do you guys have a problem with overweight people? For shame... ;D

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Kauhiz
Member #4,798
July 2004

Quote:

Do you guys have a problem with overweight people?

Um, no.

---

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

You don't have to feed her. It just happens. It's one of nature's miracles

Africa will stop suffering from hunger once scientists crack this miracle.

Quote:

Do you guys have a problem with overweight people?

I am overweight myself, and have no problem with slightly overweight women. 8-)

-R

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Quote:

Alot of people hold a lot of animosity toward Clinton

Clipper chip. National health care.

and "I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president" -- Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpeonaed documents.
(in relation to Whitewatergate)

quoted from http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/clinton.php

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Slightly overweight women are only sexy and feminine! The weird idea that women have to be thin and their behinds have to look like boys' behinds is coined by fashion creators, most of which are gay. Face it, they don't mind if fashion models have small boobs. Sadly, this ideal fashion model body has become the western standard for what is considered sexy. Well, boobs have to be big, but the rest of the body is a young boy's body. Thanks but no thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Go to: